Champion Energy is a leading player in renewable energy sources. They cater to a wide audience, with affordable and flexible plans. But how to cancel Champion Energy if you are switching to some other energy service or are moving out to a place where they do not serve? And before cancelling, it is also important to know the Champion cancellation fee to make sure whether cancelling the services is worth it or not. Explore everything about Champion Energy and its simple cancellation policy in this article.
What does Champion Energy do?
Champion Energy Services is a subsidiary of Calpine Corporation. It is among the most popular and preferred retail electricity providers in the US. Champion Energy caters to a diverse clientele which is spread across several residential, commercial, industrial, and governmental sectors. Interestingly, this company offers a low-cost structure to offer exceptionally low rates to its customers. Moreover, Champion Energy offers two types of residential products which are fixed and variable. Keep on reading to know if you can cancel Champion Energy or not.
Can you Cancel Champion Energy?
Yes, you can cancel Champion Energy Services. Since the company offers customer support service round the clock, it becomes easier for customers to cancel their services anytime they wish. So, how can you cancel Champion Energy? Read on to find out.
How to Cancel Champion Energy
Here are the steps to follow to cancel your plan with Champion Energy.
- Firstly, you need to contact Champion Energy Customer Service at 877-653-5090.
- Next, share your account information including your full name, address, and account number to get in touch with a customer service representative.
- Now, discuss your concerns with the representative and ensure to end all recurring payments.
- You will also need to provide a cancellation date that works for you. Keep in mind that you may be responsible for paying for any energy usage up until the cancellation date.
- If Champion Energy gave you any equipment, like a smart thermostat, you might need to return it to them. Be sure to follow their instructions for returning any equipment.
- After your cancellation date, Champion Energy will send you a final bill. Make sure to review it carefully and ensure that you are not being charged for any energy usage after your cancellation date.
- To make sure your service has been cancelled, you can try contacting Champion Energy a few days after the cancellation date. You will get a confirmation letter or a mail regarding the same.
Also See: How to Cancel OVO Energy
Is There a Cancellation Fee for Champion Energy?
Yes. Champion Energy charges an Early Termination Fee (ETF) if you decide to cancel or terminate your electric service before the end of the Initial Term as specified in your contract. The average cancellation fee of Champion Energy can be anywhere from $150- $250.
How to cancel Champion Energy in a few easy steps is what you have looked at here. However, it is still recommended to check your specific plan’s details to know about it clearly. Is there a cancellation fee for Champion Energy? Unfortunately, yes! But overall, the process of cancelling Champion Energy services is hassle-free.
Recommended: 10 Features of a Sustainable House