Owning an electric scooter opens up a world of eco-friendly and convenient transportation. For smooth and hassle-free rides, understanding how to charge Jetson electric scooter correctly is a must. In this detailed guide, we will walk you through the step-by-step process of charging it, to ensure optimal battery performance and prolonged rides. From selecting the right charger to understanding the Jetson electric scooter charging instructions, this guide has got you covered.
How to Charge Jetson Electric Scooter: A Step-By-Step Guide
Charging your Jetson electric scooter is quite simple. You need to:
- Locate your charger (it will come with your bike when you purchase it).
- Plug the charger into your wall outlet.
- Now, insert the charger into the port of the bike.
- Another alternative is to remove the battery from the device and then charge it separately. You can find instructions on how to remove the battery and charge it remotely in the user manual for your bike.
- Once your charger is plugged in and your e-bike is charging, the charger indicator light will turn red.
- Once the charge is complete, the indicator will turn green or blue.
- Now you can disconnect the bike from the charger and use it as normal.
Before charging your Jetson bike, make sure you have the correct charger. Your bike type will determine the type of charger you’ll need. You should always make sure that you are using the right charger to avoid any issues or mishaps with your bike. To find out the type of charger you need, you can check your bike’s user manual or contact Jetson directly.
Each Jetson e-bike model is slightly different and it is always advised to look into your user manual for more accurate information. If you are unable to locate your user manual, you can try searching the model of your bike followed by a ‘manual pdf’ to locate a copy that you can download for free.
Additionally, you can use the FAQ support page on Jetson’s website. There your questions will be directly answered by the manufacturer. These were Jetson electric scooter charging instructions that taught you how to charge Jetson electric scooters.
What are the Charging Basics of Jetson Scooters?
After learning about the Jetson electric scooter charging instructions and how to charge Jetson electric scooter, let’s look at some of the charging basics of these scooters.
1. Charging Port
The charging port for most Jetson e-scooter models is located on the scooter’s deck (the area you stand on). However, there are a few exceptions, in Omega the charging port is on the handlebar, and in the Element Pro and the Knight it is on the handlebar stem.
Note to Knight Owners: The battery of this model is removable and can be charged both when isolated from the bike or when installed in the bike. If you own a spare battery for this model, keep it fully charged. You can bring it with you on your trips and swap it in when your first battery discharges.
Also Read: How Do I Revive My Electric Bike Battery?
Your charger helps communicate your Jetson bike’s battery charge status. It comes with an indicator light that illuminates when plugged into your scooter and power outlet. When the light is red, charging is still under process: when the light turns green, charging is complete.
Some e-scooter chargers come in two parts, where you are required to manually insert the cable into the charger. Whereas, sometimes these chargers already have a cable attached to them.
3. Charging Times
Always remember to unplug your scooter from the charger when charging is complete. Let’s see how long does it take to charge a Jetson scooter.
How Long Does it Take to Charge a Jetson Scooter?
After learning how to charge Jetson electric scooter, let’s learn how long it takes to charge a Jetson scooter. The model and battery capacity of a Jetson scooter determine how long it will take to charge a Jetson scooter. The charging time for an electric scooter can range from 4 to 20 hours, depending on the charger used and the battery capacity.
The detailed charging time for Jetson scooter models are as follows-
- Up to 8 hours: Echo X
- Up to 6 hours: Echo, Frozen, Buzz, Canyon, Quest, Toy Story, and Rhythm.
- Up to 5 hours: Eris, Ryder, Omega, Racer, and Tempo
- Up to 4 hours: Frozen Folding, Globe, Element, Element Pro, Glow, Highline, and several of our branded kids’ e-scooters, including the Disney Villains, Black Panther, Encanto, and Spiderman versions
- Up to 3 hours: Beam, Knight, Bio, and Ora Pro
In conclusion, charging a Jetson electric scooter is a straightforward and simple process. To ensure optimal battery life, it is recommended to follow the manufacturer’s guidelines and instructions provided with the scooter. By maintaining a regular charging routine, users can enjoy an efficient charging experience for their Jetson electric scooter.
Recommended: How to Choose a Folding Bike – A Comprehensive Guide