The Western Australian Government offers a range of incentives to encourage the use of renewable energy. The country receives an abundance of sunlight which highlights the opportunity for solar panels. Nevertheless, Western Australia promotes solar energy and if you install it in your home or business, you may be eligible for a solar rebate. Solar rebates are offered differently depending on your system but how to claim solar rebate in WA? Dive in to learn!
How to Claim Solar Rebate in WA
In Western Australia, the rebates are offered in the form of STCs or small-scale technology certificates. Individuals, both homes and businesses, who install solar energy systems are offered these certificates. STCs are cash incentives distributed to encourage people to opt for solar energy. STCs can be thought of as a currency for renewable energy and they do not have a fixed price but fluctuate based on supply and demand. Solar rebates in WA provide a 10% reduction in purchase and system installation prices. This discount can be used by households for both reductions of bills and reducing gas emissions. However, there is only one rebate available per household. You can claim solar rebate in WA in either of the two ways.
1. Through a Solar Company or Installer
Taking the help of a solar installer is the easiest way of claiming solar rebates. Some of them have customer quote which allows you to get a further discount and pay less upfront. There are some steps using which the company helps in claiming the rebates.
- They create a quote for customers which is uploaded to their portal for retailers.
- The quote is used for the approval of the eligibility application of the customer. Once approved, the customer will receive an email for the same.
- If the customer is eligible, the job will be scheduled by the installers within 120 days of rebate approval.
- The installation process will be carried out and the payment from the customer, minus the rebate amount will be taken.
- The CES will be completed by the company, which will submit a payment request through its solar portal to get the value of the customer rebate.
- The payment will be reviewed by the installer within 5 business days and approved for further information.
- The funds will be deposited in the bank account within 10 working days after the approval of payment.
2. Claiming Online with REC
Another point in how to claim solar rebate WA is by directly doing the whole process online with REC. Here are the steps that you need to follow to claim solar rebates through this process:
- Register and fill out the online application through the REC website.
- Then, STCs will be provided to homeowners, which must be registered and traded on the market. It can be sold on the open market with fluctuating prices or at a set price through the STC clearing house.
- The help of a specialist STC broker can be taken to ease the process.
- STCS traders provide online assistance and paper submissions, built-in solar panel validation, and payment for selling the client’s STCs to them within three business days of the audit.
What is Western Australia Solar Rebate Eligibility?
If you live in Australia, you should know what is Western Australia solar rebate eligibility. To qualify for a solar rebate in Western Australia, there are certain requirements you need to fulfill. The CEC has provided several guidelines for households who want to install solar energy systems.
- There is only one rebate available per household. So, if you have a rebate for a solar hot water system then you are not eligible to avail rebate for a solar panel system.
- If you want to avail yourself of solar rebates, you must not have applied for any other rebate scheme in the past.
- The installation of your solar system must be done by a fully trained installer.
- The system for which you want a solar rebate must be a grid-connected system and not off-grid.
- It should not be larger than a 100kW system.
Also Read: What are Solar Rebates QLD?
How does the Solar Rebate Work in Perth?
Knowing how does the solar rebate work in Perth is crucial as it can save a lot of money. Solar rebates in Perth provide households and businesses with up to a 10% discount on the purchase and installation of a solar energy system. These are provided by the Federal government to boost the use of clean energy. It is financial assistance offered to encourage people to opt for solar power.
Solar rebates are provided in the form of STCs or small-scale technology certificates. The STCs can be understood as a currency for renewable energy sources. STCs are the renewable energy certificates (REC), provided when one buys a solar power system. There is no fixed price for this and the cost changes with the fluctuation in demand. Generally, it will range from $34 AUD to $40 AUD, which can be traded in the market.
The STCs are awarded based on the region you live in and the size of your solar energy system. STCs are a solution for how to claim solar rebate WA. Solar rebates are provided to homes only once.
It has the following eligibility criterion:
- The installation should take place in an eligible premise like a house, townhouse, residential apartment, or shop.
- There should not be more than one solar energy system on the premise.
- The solar energy system must be installed recently, not more than 12 months prior to the application date of STC.
- If you replace an entire solar energy system, the new system will be eligible for a rebate.
After you have fulfilled the eligibility criteria, you are all set to avail of the solar rebate. We hope this answers your question which is how does the solar rebate work in Perth.
Getting solar rebates feels good because it saves your pocket from a big hit. Since now you are aware of how to claim solar rebate WA, you can easily switch to solar energy. If you want to opt for it, then this is the time!
Recommended: 6 Virginia Off Grid Laws