Step into a world where your bathroom routine is not just a daily necessity but a green delight! You can wrap your daily routine in peace with sustainable toilet paper, a tender choice for you and the planet. Find useful information on eco-friendly toilet paper and its products in this guide.
Best Eco-friendly Sustainable Toilet Paper Brands
Eco-friendly toilet paper is made from recycled paper that promotes ecological sustainability. It breaks down easily, safe for septic systems, and doesn’t have chlorine or fragrances.
For example, bamboo toilet paper comes from bamboo, a fast-growing plant that needs less space than regular wood. It creates 30% fewer greenhouse gases than regular wood.
Let’s find out the best eco-friendly sustainable toilet paper brands.
1. Who Gives a Crap (WGC)
Who Gives a Crap is made up of 100% recycled newspapers. Some of its key features are:
- The lot has 385 sheets with double-length rolls.
- Made up of 100% recycled paper (no virgin trees used) and bamboo pulp.
- Capable of biodegrading and compatible with the majority of septic systems.
- The website offers Carbon Neutral Shipping for orders over $25 (shipping materials are eco-friendly).
Price: 24 rolls are $44 and 48 rolls cost approximately $68. The website offers $10 off for the first order.
REEL is one of the best eco-friendly bamboo toilet paper brands aiming at the eco market. Additionally, it also manufactures paper towels.
- It’s free from BPA, plastic, and chlorine.
- No use of inks or dyes is made.
- It is also fragrance-free.
- In their ongoing pursuit of sustainability, they have adopted the use of cardboard for transportation. Even plastic tape is not used while shipping their products.
- Sheets are made of 3-ply, 100% bamboo sheets of toilet paper.
Price: 24 rolls cost $36.99, and 48 rolls cost $69.99 on subscribing. In general, 24 rolls cost around $43.99, and 48 rolls $82.99.
Repurpose, a sustainable toilet paper, is among the top non-toxic brands in the market. The company focuses on plastic-free landfills and compostable materials. Not just bamboo toilet paper, it has a wide range of products including partyware, drinkware, and kitchen bath products. These products are RV-friendly too.
- It is considered one of the best sustainable bamboo toilet paper, crafted from bamboo that is 100% FSC-certified, ensuring its renewable and sustainable origin.
- The toilet paper is antibacterial, antifungal, and hypoallergenic.
- Being septic-safe and easy to flush makes it beneficial.
- The product is free from elemental chlorine.
Price: 12 rolls cost about $30.99 and 24 rolls cost around $40.99.
Also See: 40 Sustainable Packaging Manufacturers
Bumroll is manufactured in California and plays a prominent role in maintaining sustainability. It also donates a small amount of its profit to the National Forest Foundation by planting a tree for every box.
- The products are free from dyes, lint, and parabens.
- The paper is soft with wider embossing, and it is safe for clogs.
- The sheets are 4 inches by 4 inches, and there are 400 sheets in a roll.
- This sustainable toilet paper is free from perfume and Chlorine.
- Whitening of paper is not done by chlorine, but Hydrogen peroxide is used.
- Wide range of varieties available for bulk bathroom Tissue 12, 24, 36, 48, 72, and 96 toilet paper rolls per case.
Price: A pack of 12 rolls costs around $32.25 while their jumbo pack can cost around $172.
Serving the company’s mission of sustainable toilet paper, Caboo products also include paper towels, baby wipes, and flushable wipes. Their 2-ply toilet paper is made from chlorine-free sugar pulp and bamboo. The company uses less than one gallon of water per roll, which is a rare fit for an eco-friendly toilet paper market.
- It keeps the septic system safe.
- They are biodegradable and BPA-free.
- The role has 400 sheets.
- The products are free from chlorine and chemicals.
Price: 24 rolls costs around $34.99.
6. The Cheeky Panda
Cheeky Panda stands among one of the best eco-friendly toilet papers. With a mission to halt deforestation and safeguard global animal habitats, it advocates using bamboo as a renewable alternative for toilet paper.
- The sheets used are 3 plies.
- It is smooth on soft sensitive skin and is hypoallergenic.
- The product is 100% plastic-free.
- The special feature is it is vegan-certified by the Vegan Society.
- Each sheet would be 120 mm (about 4.72 in) * 104.5mm.
Price: The 24 rolls of premium toilet paper are priced around $24.49.
7. Cloud Paper
CloudPaper is dedicated to maximizing environmental friendliness in not just their products but also their delivery services. They also provide adaptable subscriptions. It is one of the best sustainable toilet paper and has received positive responses from customers. The company exclusively sources 100% bamboo for the manufacturing process.
- The paper used is a cruelty-free Vegan product.
- No inks or dyes are used.
- Artificial scents are avoided.
- Each roll contains 3-ply 300 sheets.
- The packing material which is used is recyclable and compostable.
- These products are FSC-certified.
Price: 24 pack jumbo rolls cost about $46.99.
8. Seventh Generation
The Seventh Generation product solutions are helping global issues like plastic waste pollution by formulating renewable plant-based agreements in their products made from 100% recycled paper. Its mission is to ensure a sustainable living place for the next 7th generation.
- Fragrances and dyes are not added.
- This sustainable toilet paper is manufactured in the United States by a certified B Corporation, it also holds the Leaping Bunny certification.
- The extra soft paper makes it septic-safe.
Price: 12 rolls (240 sheets per roll) costs nearly $11.99.
9. Mother Earth
MOTHER EARTH is one of the top bamboo toilet paper brands dedicated to reducing deforestation caused by traditional paper products. The packaging has funny animal prints on it, which attract both children and adults.
- Made of 100% organic bamboo.
- Pesticides and fertilizers are not used in the manufacturing process.
- The toilet paper is 100% biodegradable which dissolves quickly.
- It is one of the softest sustainable toilet paper and is safe to use at homes, RVs, and boats.
- Embossed 3-ply is used.
- The products are free from formaldehyde, paraben, and chlorine.
Price: The 12 mega rolls cost around $27.99, and the 24 mega rolls cost $52.99.
10. Marley’s Monsters
Marley’s Monsters is a popular brand that aims to replace disposable paper with sustainable, reusable cloth products made from natural fibers, including eco-friendly paper. They offer a wide range of products, including washable face napkins, and washable sponges, designed with the goal of tree-free manufacturing.
- Their Toilet UN paper Roll is 100% cotton flannel
- Each strip measures approximately 4.5″ wide x 12″ long.
- These edges are single-ply, which makes them durable and reusable.
Price: Their variety of Toilet UNpaper® ranges around $38.54 and more.
11. Marcal Toilet Paper
The Marcal Paper was founded in Greenwich around 1932 with a sole focus on creating innovative recycled products. Marcal manufactures its sustainable toilet paper in the United States and also holds the Green Seal Certification. Made of 100% recycled paper, including 60% post-consumer content, it showcases greater sustainability.
- Paper is made of 2-ply, making it more absorbent.
- Big rolls are both long-lasting and safe for septic systems.
- Certified by Green Seal and Eco-friendly
- A roll consists of 168 two-ply sheets
Price: A 16-roll pack consisting of 168 sheets costs around $17.52.
Flush’d Eco Toilet Paper offers more than just environmentally friendly toilet paper. Their mission is to create a meaningful impact with a basic everyday item, making a positive difference in the future of our environment. The product is sourced from 100% bamboo pulp.
- This eco toilet paper is certified by FSC-C152090.
- Their 48 rolls come with a double length of 370 sheets per roll.
- Free from plastic and tree paper.
- Rolls are sewer and septic-safe.
Price: A 48 roll pack costs about $66.00, and prices vary based on the pack.
13. Boardwalk Standard
The Broadway standard toilet paper is a good choice for high-traffic restrooms. The products are made of recycled materials and are good options for commercial and domestic use. This can be one of the cheapest eco-friendly toilet papers when used in bulk.
- The measurement of the sheet is 4 inches * 3 inches.
- The role length is 3 feet, and the diameter is 3 inches.
- The number of sheets per roll is as big as 500.
- There is a 90-day return policy.
Price: The price of 500 sheets per roll is around $56.45 /per carton.
Tushy is one of the best sustainable bamboo toilet paper. Some of its key features are mentioned below.
- It is made of unbleached strong bamboo fibers.
- The sheets are made from sustainable 3-ply material.
- They care deeply about the world’s oceans, so this non-toxic toilet paper will be packed without any plastic.
Price: A pack consists of 300 sheets. Tushy bamboo toilet paper is available in 2 quantities – 8 pack and 36 pack. The 8-pack roll costs around $ 24 and a 36-pack is $ 69.
Betterway is known for its super absorbent soft texture and is loved by many. These toilet rolls are made by farm families, which enhances both sustainability and farm-owned family businesses.
- This sustainable toilet paper is made from 100% organic bamboo.
- The products are FSC-certified.
- These 3-ply sheets are embossed and septic-safe.
- Manufactured free from chemicals, fertilizers, and pesticides.
- The tissue papers are compostable and biodegradable.
Price: A single roll has 360 sheets, 12 countback costs around $26.99, 24 count costs $47.99, and 36 count costs about $63.99.
Choosing EverSpring 100% recycled toilet paper rolls is an excellent way to reduce negative environmental impact while cleaning up, leaving you with a sense of responsibility for the planet.
- Certified by the FSC (Forest Stewardship Council)
- This product is free from dyes and fragrances.
- The sheets are 2-ply
- It is septic safe and whitened without chlorine bleach.
Price: A 12 count toilet paper costs around $7.49, and the 24-count roll costs $13.39.
17. Bim Bam Boo
Dedicated to creating eco-friendly toilet paper, Bim Bam Boo crafts health-conscious premium paper essentials for your everyday needs. This paper is considered one of the best sustainable bamboo toilet paper as it is exclusively crafted using bamboo pulp. The company holds certifications from the Forest Stewardship Council and the USDA BioPreferred program.
- The rolls are free from rough particles, microfibers, and lint.
- As natural bamboo fiber is being used, it is most suitable for sensitive skin. It is also one of the softest sustainable toilet paper.
- It can be flushed in sewer systems.
- No harmful products were used such as BPA formaldehyde and itchy glues.
- For curious customers, they offer a complimentary trial of a single roll of toilet paper.
Price: A 24-roll box (298 sheets per roll) is around $28.54.
18. Pure Planet Club
Pure Planet is an excellent choice for both kids-friendly and eco-friendly toilet paper. Unique marine animals are featured on each row, which leaves delightful experiences for little ones.
- It is 100% bamboo eco-friendly toilet paper.
- The product is vegan-friendly, cruelty-free, and BPA-free.
- Available in 2 ranges marine range earth range
- The marine range is 3-ply toilet paper n double lengthened
- The earth range is a 2-ply toilet paper which is extra-long.
The Marine range – 36 rolls/box (300 sheets/roll) costs around $78.
Earth ranged toilet paper – 36 rolls/box (500 sheets/roll) cost about $68.
Choosing eco-friendly toilet paper promotes an environmentally conscious lifestyle. Opt for brands with responsible sourcing, minimal environmental impact, and biodegradability to contribute to the well-being of our planet. This change should start at home, benefiting present and future generations. For more sustainability-related content, keep reading our blogs.