Nicholas Dirks, Chancellor of UC Berkeley presented his plans to the Academic Senate for the Berkeley Global Campus at Richmond Bay in the year 2014, October. His vision is to create a living laboratory and a global campus in collaboration with outstanding colleges from around the world, as well as local Richmond groups and the private industry. He described this vision as boldly confident. So let us see the Berkeley Global Campus: vision and partnership in Richmond.
What is Berkeley Global Campus vision?
The vision of the Global Campus in Richmond is to establish an international campus and get the tag of becoming the American first university to have an international campus in the East Bay.
The Berkeley Global Campus aims at bringing academic institutions, community partners, and the private sector together so that they can collaborate and merge on research related to compounded global challenges from Global Governance to Climate Policy, Public Health to Precision Medicine, and Big Data.
Berkeley Global Campus is devoted to the partnership with the City of Richmond to set the seal on the achievements of the Richmond Bay Specific Plan that aims at improving commercial development, residential areas, infrastructure, enhancing transportation, and making sure that they are part of a vibrant and sustainable community that incorporates business opportunities, jobs, and an array of social outlets.
What are the Main Principles of Berkeley Global Campus?
There are four main principles of Berkeley Global Campus, and they are as follows:
- Brand Alignment
- Campus Services
- Revenue Growth
- University Impact
What are Berkeley Global Campus Partnership Benefits?
Berkeley Global Campus benefits are:
1. They connect the business partners and the students on campus who look forward to starting a purposeful, campus relationship – creating innovative value and revenue services.
2. They arrange for chances to attract Berkeley students through recruiting events, scholarships, internship programs, on-campus events, research opportunities, etc. ensuring consistency with university values, mission, and policies.
3. They focus on maintaining long-term relationships with partners
4. They promote innovative chances to partner with the world’s leading and outstanding public university, 1,600 full-time faculty members among 170 academic programs and departments, 8,900 staff, and 37,000 students.
5. They offer targeted operational opportunities and well-defined business partnerships via UPP requests for proposals (RFPs).
6. They work at opening the door through proposal development, activation, and contracts
7. They provide contact with a single point to clear the way for partners across UC Berkeley’s administrative departments, including 14 colleges and schools.
8. They create a proposal that provides an extensive scope of profits to the campus groups, including providing students, funding academic programs, and scholarships, with bequeath internship opportunities and learning.
9. Ensuring proposal review and campus engagement by ground stakeholders, including students, staff, and faculty
10. Fulfilling the agreement and confirming it successfully.
Studying at Berkeley Global Campus either for a full year or just a semester will impact your entire life as it gives you the chance of studying at one of the top universities from the best faculties. Immense yourself by getting inspiration to look at the world from a new perspective with the help of the Berkeley Global Campus: vision and partnership in Richmond.