In general, when you think of creativity, you will make an illustration of any artist, alone in a studio and busy working. But, creative means finding innovative and new ways to reframe old habits into new work habits. It also means solving problems in creative ways and generating new ideas. It means re-assessing the past and questioning the status. The creative city is defined as a city that reflects a brand and has a specific personality. Unleashing creativity within a city is important as it gives water to grow new creative ideas and innovations.
What is the Definition of the Creative Industries?
The ‘creative industries’ are based on economic activities that are concerned with the commercialization and generation of ideas, creativity, information, and knowledge. They are modern economies based on individual creativity, talent, and skills where culture is distributed and produced through applying the creativity of groups to specific generations or individuals of original culture which may have commercial value through direct sale to consumers.
Their focus is to find new ways to engage more individuals and capital through the creative industry rather than just build many creative sectors. It also has the ability to create jobs and money through the production or development of intellectual property.
Also See: What is Sustainable Energy?
What are the Examples of Creative Industries?
Some examples of the creative industry are:
- Art and craft
- Computer games
- Performing arts
How to Unleashing the Creativity of City Employees?
These are a few ways in which unleashing creativity within a city is possible:
- It is important to have the ability to innovate and this could only be possible if every city employee adapts themselves to creativity.
- It is important for all employees to be technology friendly so that they can make use of technology for their creativity.
- City employees must know where their organization is going and its direction so that they will be clear on where to focus their creative ideas.
- They should also need an inspiring and compelling story to make them focus on developing their creativity.
- It is important to provide them with space where they can experiment and come up with new ideas as fostering creativity requires room designed to encourage their innovations.
- Space should be created for employees to have the freedom to fail, without any fear.
- City employees need to be provided with continuous learning opportunities in order to cultivate a culture of curiosity.
- Creativity can happen anywhere while walking, running, eating, etc. so organizations must encourage flexible work conditions.
The greatest way that a city can engage in unleashing creativity is by motivating academia and entrepreneurs to develop creative ideas. unleashing creativity within a city is a tough task to complete. It always has to be a section of culture and innovation. Implementing them requires a roadmap and a strategy. It takes lots of time and patience.
Recommended: 7 Best Eco Friendly House Designs