Do you want to make a positive impact on the environment while saving money? If yes, then SRP solar incentives will save the day. This is a great opportunity to take a step towards the betterment of the environment and still keep it light on the pockets. Continue reading to know more about what is SRP Arizona no-cost solar program.
What are SRP Solar Incentives?
It is important to know that SRP or Salt River Project no longer offers incentives for solar panel system installations. Instead, it offers numerous rebate options to help environment-conscious people like you save money. For instance, SRP offers a limited-time $250 rebate on its demand management systems.
For the uninformed, a demand management system helps in preventing multiple appliances from running simultaneously during peak hours. Here are a few options on which you can get the SRP rebate:
- Smart Panel 3000
- Smart Energy Management System
- Brayden Automation Energy Sentry 9388A DMS
What is SRP Arizona No Cost Solar Program?
Salt River Project (SRP), an electric utility company serving the Phoenix metropolitan area in Arizona, USA, offers the SRP Arizona No Cost Solar Program. This program enables eligible SRP customers to install solar panels in their homes without incurring any expenses and receive a monthly bill credit for the energy generated by the solar panels. In other words, the panels are owned and maintained entirely by SRP.
Apart from this, SRP Solar Choice lets you pay merely half a cent per kilowatt-hour (kWh) in addition to your current price plan. The increase in cost ranges from 2% to 4% and depends on the amount of energy usage you opt to offset. This is important to add to your existing knowledge base of SRP solar incentives.
Also See: What is a PA Sunshine Program?
What are SRP Solar Plans Explained?
Currently, SRP offers flexible demand and export plans for residents who have energy-generating capabilities.
1. Demand Plans: This SRP plan is ideal for people who produce some part of the required energy on their own by using solar panels. It further includes monthly charges and the lowest rates among other SRP residential plans.
- Customer Generation Plan: It is ideal for homes with consistent energy usage.
- Average Demand Plan: This is a better option for people with fluctuating energy requirements. However, the per kW charges will be higher.
2. Export Plans: Export Plans are for those who generate most of their energy on their own. In this scenario, customers will pay a fixed monthly service charge on top of any energy that they get from the grid in case the solar panel system stops producing.
- Time-of-use Export Plan: The monthly service charge of this plan is equal to that of the Customer Generation Plan. You can save by limiting grid energy use to off-peak hours.
- Electric Vehicle Export Plan: This is great for customers who possess electric vehicles. They can save by playing it smartly and charging their vehicles overnight during off-peak hours.
Also Read: Solar Panel Rebates in BC
What is SRP Solar Battery Rebate?
The SRP Battery Storage rebate is an incentive program offered by Salt River Project (SRP). SRP is a community-based non-profit utility company based in Arizona. This program offers a limited-time rebate of $300 per kilowatt-hour (kWh) (up to $3,600) for customers who install a home battery and agree to participate in their battery research study.
If a customer were to purchase an LG Chem RESU 10H battery, they could save $2,790 through this program. It is worth noting that customers do not need to pair their storage systems with solar panels in order to receive this incentive. However, the SRP solar battery rebate is only available for lithium-ion storage technologies that are compliant with either UL 1973 or UL 9540. But the question now becomes is SRP only in Arizona?
Is SRP only in Arizona?
SRP provides electric power to cities and towns located in central Arizona. The following cities and towns are served all or in part by SRP:
- Paradise Valley
- Fountain Hills
- Apache Junction
- Queen Creek
Investing in solar energy is a smart choice for homeowners who want to save on their energy bills and protect the environment. With SRP Solar Incentives, you can access a range of benefits, including tax credits, rebates, and discounted pricing plans. So why wait? With SRP solar plans explained, you can start taking advantage of these incentives and enjoy the benefits of solar energy in your home.
Recommended: Can You Run Solar Panels without Inverter?