Detroit is a working space that was built in the year 1922 and includes conference rooms, separate rooms for business meetings, working desks, bathrooms, kitchens, shower areas, etc. It was renovated almost two years ago and converted into a green business garage. What cities can learn from Detroit’s Green Garage are:
- They provide a place of work for like-minded people.
- It is a platform where anyone can start their business with a minimum investment of just $50 per month.
- It encourages startups and provides a green and clean working environment
- They do not focus on rapid growth but rather on slower, better, and organic growth so that they can last long in the market.
- Once a week, Green Garage warmly invites all visitors to explore their inspiring workspace and join in fostering a thriving community of local businesses.
- They use local resources and collaborate with local businesses as it reduces their costs and acts as the best ground for investing, growing, and building.
What are the Ways that a Green Garage Network Member Works?
The green garage can be described as a sustainable garden that can be used for education, display or purposes. There are basically 4 ways in which green garage network members work, by these ways, it not only benefits the ecosystem but also the citizens. They are as follows:
- Old engine oils are recycled or disposed of in ways that do not pollute the environment.
- They focus on the reduction of harmful emission from vehicles by working on the engine, and it also improves the economy of the fuel.
- They provide emission checks for your cars; that is if your car fails in the emission check then they will provide the service for free.
- They check on the tire pressure as low pressure can cause more fuel consumption and more pressure on the engines.
What are Green Garbage Benefits?
If a city has a Green Garage then it will create green garbage, so let’s see what is green garbage. Green garbage is a biodegradable waste and is mostly generated by gardening waste consisting of grasses, branches, leaves, twigs, bushes, roots, etc. green garbage benefits are:
- Naturally, act as landfills
- It reduces disposal costs
- As it disposes it creates fertilizers that are beneficial for plants
What cities can learn from Detroit’s Green Garage are the innovative strategies that are initiated as it is not only a building or a workspace, but it is also a ground that encourages the involvement of youth in community development through education, culture, tradition, and art.