Solar buyback plans are becoming popular and there is no doubt why. Companies are offering different plans to appeal to their customers. If you want to invest in a solar buyback plan but do not know which one to choose, then you are at the right place. This article is going to discuss the Contact Energy solar buyback rate. With their reputed plans and services, they are a good energy retailer to opt for. If you like their plans and want to go ahead, then read further to know how to apply in Contact Energy.
What is Contact Energy Solar Buyback Rate?
The Solar buyback program by Contact Energy is termed Alternative energy or distributed generation. If you generate your own energy and use Contact as your supplier, you can receive payment for any excess energy you produce. Additionally, if you need more energy, it will be provided by the national grid. The solar buyback rate of Contact Energy is 8¢/kWh. This is applicable for the maximum system size of up to 10kW. This rate is applicable to most of their residential plans.
Read this to know how you can apply for the Contact Energy solar buyback program.
1. Solar panels, systems, or other generation equipment are not sold or installed by Contact Energy. Specialized providers of generation are required to install them. To locate the ideal option for your energy demands, you need first to get in touch with your preferred provider.
2. Once you know your provider, you should request a connection contract. You are able to connect newer technology equipment and send any extra energy into the network; thanks to the connection contract.
3. You can hire a professional electrician to install your required equipment and make sure it’s certified. Your generation supplier can help you with this.
4. A special import/export meter is installed in order to sell any unused energy to the grid. Contact steps into the rescue in this situation. A distributed generation meter may contain two or more registers, at least one of which must be used to track the excess energy that your generation equipment exports to the network.
5. Contact can order your distributed generation meter and arrange for a contractor to replace your existing meter as long as you have complied with all the application form criteria and your electrician has the necessary wiring and certification in place.
6. You can start selling your excess energy to Contact once your generation equipment has been installed, certified, and your new import/export meter is in place.
What are Contact Energy Plans?
After looking at the Contact Energy solar buyback rate, let us look at some other Contact Energy plans and rates that you should know before applying to their programs. So, Contact Energy mainly provides plans under 3 types of categories: Simple Plans, Bundle Plans, and Plans with Rewards. Have a look at them here.
1. Simple Plan
Basic Plan: As the name suggests, this is a basic plan with no rewards or discounts. It has simple and transparent pricing. This plan gives you the flexibility of no fixed term and no break fees.
2. Bundle Plan
a. Broadband Bundle: Broadband Bundle plans give you one of the sharpest broadband prices around. The price for wireless broadband starts from $50/month and for an unlimited fiber plan, it starts from $65/month. The broadband bundle allows you flexibility with no fixed term and no break fees. This bundle includes 2 plans.
b. Wireless Broadband Plan: When you opt for broadband, power, and gas together, you will get starting prices of $50/month. When you opt for broadband and power, the prices start from $55/month. This includes the prices of GST and 4G 300 GB connections. The modem delivery fee of $14.99 applies here.
c. Fiber Broadband Plan: This unlimited fiber broadband plan starts from $65/month if you opt for broadband, power, and gas. You can also get an unlimited fiber broadband plan at $70/month when you bundle broadband and power. Here, the prices include GST and Fast Fiber connections. BYO modem option is also available with this plan.
d. Simplicity Bundle: The Simplicity bundle plan has no daily gas charges when you bundle your natural gas and electricity on this plan. This plan also gives you the flexibility of no fixed term and no break fees. However, this plan is only available for natural gas customers in the North Island.
3. Plans with Rewards
a. Good Nights: This plan gives you free power for 3 hours from 9 pm to 12 am every night of the week. However, this plan is only available online and for customers who have an eligible smart meter. With this plan, you are able to save more.
b. Dream Charge: The Dream Charge plan gives you cheaper electricity rates from 11 pm to 7 am every night of the week. The cheaper rates are for electricity usage charges and not the daily charges. Also, the gas charges are excluded here. Only customers with an eligible smart meter can enjoy this plan. This plan also has no fixed term and no break fees.
c. Everyday Bonus Fixed: This plan lets you fix your energy rates. You will also get a 2% discount on your energy charges.
d. Bach: Bach plan has no daily charge at your bach. You only need to pay for what you use. This plan also has no fixed term and no breakup fees.
What are Contact Energy Services?
Along with the Contact Energy solar buyback rate and programs, there are several other services provided by them. Read about them here.
1. Electricity Supply: Contact Energy supplies electricity to residential, commercial, and industrial customers throughout New Zealand. They offer various electricity plans tailored to different customer needs.
2. Natural Gas Supply: Contact Energy is also a provider of natural gas to customers across New Zealand. They offer natural gas plans for residential and business customers, ensuring a reliable and convenient source of energy.
3. Energy Retail: Contact Energy provides comprehensive retail services, including customer support, billing, and account management. They offer online portals and mobile applications for customers to manage their energy accounts and track their usage.
4. Renewable Energy: One of the Contact Energy services is providing renewable energy. The company is committed to renewable energy generation. They offer renewable energy plans to customers who prefer environmentally friendly options. These plans may include electricity generated from renewable sources such as geothermal and hydroelectric power.
5. Partnerships and Rewards: Contact Energy has partnerships with various organizations to provide additional benefits to its customers. They offer rewards programs, discounts, and exclusive offers in collaboration with selected partners.
6. Electric Vehicles: Contact Energy is also involved in the making of electric vehicles. EVs are the future of the planet as we clearly need an alternative to fossil fuels.
Contact Energy promotes energy efficiency and offers services and tools to help customers reduce their energy consumption. They also provide energy-saving tips, advice on energy-efficient appliances, and tools for monitoring and managing energy usage.
How to Apply in Contact Energy
To apply to Contact Energy, you can sign up on their account registration portal. You will have to enter your account number, email address, and password to sign up successfully. You can contact them on their customer care number 0800209000 if you are in need of assistance. Signing up for your account will let you do the following.
- You will be able to pay your bills easily using the one-off credit card payment.
- This will allow you to view your monthly usage data. You can compare this data to the same month of the previous year. If you have a smart meter, you will be able to view hourly and daily data as well.
- You will be able to set up Smoothpay and even out all your payments for the whole year.
- You can also apply for a refund by heading to the pay bill section, once you sign in to your account.
We discussed here the contact energy solar buyback rate. Going solar while being able to earn back is something that nobody wants to miss. Contact energy plans and rates are a good deal but you still need to verify the details with the provider. You can talk to them about your requirements and opt for a plan that completely satisfies your needs.
Recommended: What is Solar Battery?