The Aventon Pace 500 is a well-known electric bike that delivers an efficient riding experience. However, it has its share of potential problems. So, if you are thinking of buying this bike or simply curious, this article is for you. Here, we will delve into the common Aventon Pace 500 problems. We will also discuss the Aventon Pace 500 battery problems and brake-related issues as well.
What are the Aventon Pace 500 Problems?
Aventon bikes experience issues mostly because of component wear and tear, and sometimes you might have to suffer due to loose connections. So, among the most frequent complaints from users, here we are listing some of Aventon Pace 500 problems.
1. Automatic Trip Mileage Reset: One of the most common issues with Aventon Pace 500 is that the trip mileage resets to zero through automatic shutdown if riders stop their ride for 10 to 20 minutes.
2. Lack of Water Bottle Attachment: According to some reviews, there is a lack of available space to attach a water bottle.
3. Battery Failure: Among the major Aventon Pace 500 problems, this issue occurred to several riders and they have reported problems with the battery not turning on.
4. Customer Service Response Time: There are several complaints about Aventon’s customer desk due to their slow response time.
5. Uncomfortable Pedaling Position: There is a specific complaint from a reviewer who was struggling to find a comfortable pedaling position on the Aventon Pace 500.
6. Limited Sensor Functionality: This bike only utilizes a cadence sensor but lacks a torque sensor which leads to less responsive reactions to the rider’s input.
7. Unmodulated Assist Levels: Reviewers have described the Pace 500’s assist levels as unmodulated, delivering power in an on-off or all-or-nothing manner.
8. Stiff Frame and Road Vibration: According to a reviewer, the rigid alloy frame of the bike is stiff causing road vibrations transferred to the rider. This happens because the Aventon Pace 500 does not have a suspension feature, which leads it to transfer vibrations on uneven or bumpy roads. However, this particular bike model is primarily designed for urban roads rather than off-road or rough terrains.
9. Overwhelming Power in Lower Assist Levels: The lower assist levels of theAventon Pace 500 were too powerful, and this also cause difficulty for the rider to ride the bike. Moreover, the power assist levels didn’t have significant differences between them. So, limited variation in assist level is another issue as well.
10. Complex Assembly Process: The compact packaging of the Aventon Pace 500 requires more assembly steps compared to other e-bikes for better and smooth functioning.
11. Throttle Acceleration Limitation: Another issue that some riders encounter is that while riding Pace 500 they cannot accelerate with throttle-only mode from a dead-stop without pedaling. Moreover, if you are operating in throttle-only mode, you can only achieve a speed limit of a maximum of 20mph.
12. Crowded Cockpit and Excessive Handlebar Sweep: According to some reviewers, the cockpit of the Aventon Pace 500 is crowded, as it consists of various components and excessive handlebar sweep.
13. Moisture Collection in Display: In a specific review, an owner reported moisture collecting in their Pace 500’s display, thus rendering it non-functional.
What are the Aventon Pace 500 Battery Problems?
You have already learned about the Aventon Pace 500 problems. However, the most common battery problem that can occur to any rider is the battery not turning on. Before delving deeper into the issue, it is recommended to restart your e-bike battery following the standard process. Sometimes it has been observed that failing to do the startup process correctly can result in the bike not powering on. So, here is what you can do if your battery does not turn on.
To troubleshoot the issue with your Aventon Pace 500 or Pace 500.2, you can follow the standard two-step startup process mentioned below:
- Press the power button on your battery quickly.
- Depending on the type of display, you must press and hold either the power button (for Full Color Display) or the M button (for M5 Display) on the handlebar controls for 3 seconds. You have to do it until the display turns on.
If this resolves the issue and your e-bike start, then you are good to go. If not, and you still cannot power your e-bike’s battery, check the bike’s charger in conjunction with the battery. Here you need to take care of a few steps.
- You must plug the charging cable into a wall outlet without connecting it to your battery.
- If the charging indicator light does not display a solid green light, please contact Aventon support, as it may indicate a charger issue.
- If the display shows a green light, proceed to the next step.
- Now, connect the charger to the battery after removing the battery from your e-bike.
- Then plug the charging cable into the battery and connect it to the wall outlet.
After performing these steps, a properly functioning charging indicator light should display either green or red. If you still encounter any difficulties or if the indicator light does not behave as expected, please contact Aventon support for further assistance.
Furthermore, incorrect charging practices can potentially destroy your battery’s lifespan. So, initially, after purchasing the e-bike, it is important to charge the battery continuously for 24 hours. Failing to do so may lead to various problems. Manufacturers also recommend regular charging of the battery, even if the bike is not in active use.
What are the Aventon Pace 500 Brake Problems?
Since you are aware of the Aventon Pace 500 battery problems, now take a look at the Aventon Pace 500 brake problems:
1. One major issue that you might have noticed in Aventon Pace 500 problems is the noisy brake. This particular defect could be an indication that your bike needs repair, replacement, or simply an inspection of certain components. However, extreme noise from the hydraulic disc brakes could indicate a potential issue with the rotor and brake pads, specifically caused by contamination due to excessive lubrication or oil, leading to noisy disturbance. So, in this case, try using rubbing alcohol and a dry clean rag to clean your rotors to eliminate the excessive noise. If cleaning the rotors using rubbing alcohol does not improve the noisy situation, it is probable that rotor and brake pad replacement will be required due to contamination.
Another way to deal with noisy brake issues is by ensuring that your wheel is properly seated in the dropouts, which are the areas where the axle of the wheel connects to the e-bike frame. If it’s not properly seated, it will be out of alignment and will rub on one of the brake pads.
2. If you have rim brakes, they may be misaligned, generating the squeak. The front of the pad should make contact with the rim before the back. If it doesn’t, this could be the source of the squeaking. Reposition your brake pads with a hex wrench and the bolts on the side of the pads.
3. If you feel the brakes slipping while you press down the levers, you should take your bike to a bike shop for a more thorough inspection. If necessary, they will also replace worn-out brake pads and rotors. Another simple check is to ensure that the brake calipers are securely attached to the bike frame.
4. If the bolts wriggle when touched, you can tighten them yourself.
5. If the rotors are not freely rotating along the brake calipers, they may be rubbing against the brake calipers. Because the Aventon Pace 500 has hydraulic brakes, you should get it checked by the mechanic to get inspect the hydraulics at this time.
So, if you’re experiencing problems with your Aventon Pace 500 e-bike, it’s important that you address them promptly for optimal performance. However, for solving serious Aventon Pace 500 brake problems, it is best to contact customer service or a professional bike repairer for assistance and troubleshooting. Remember that keeping your bike’s brakes in good condition is critical for a smooth and safe ride.