Constellation Energy is one of the major suppliers of electricity and it provides clean energy at affordable prices to users. Multiple services are offered by them, which makes it your one-stop solution. But how to cancel constellation energy service when you no longer need it? Thankfully, canceling the services is as easy as starting it. But does constellation energy have a cancellation fee? Read further to know the cancellation process of Constellation Energy Services.
What does Constellation Energy Do?
Constellation Energy, headquartered in Baltimore, produces carbon-free energy. It is a retail supplier of power and energy products and services for both homes as well as businesses. It offers renewable energy produced by solar, hydro, and wind power. Mainly, natural gas and electricity are supplied by it.
One of their main goals is the production of 95% carbon-free electricity by 2030 and 100% by 2040. Another goal is to entirely reduce operations-driven emissions by 2040.
Before knowing how to cancel constellation energy, let us know what are the services provided by constellation energy. They are as follows:
- Electricity: Constellation Energy is one of the major suppliers of electricity. It is provided to homes and to business customers across all its service areas. This electricity is produced by fossil fuels and nuclear energy.
- Natural Gas: Natural gas is provided by Constellation Energy to its customers and is used in many appliances. But it is mostly used as a form of heating, both air and water.
- Air Conditioning Bundle: Constellation Energy offers its customers to bundle their power bills with an air-conditioning protection plan. This plan assists customers with the maintenance and repairs of their HVAC system.
- Home Security: Home security with smart home features is offered. This service is called Constellation Connect. This service can be opted for by anyone if they fall under the eligibility criteria.
- Home Services: Home services plans are valid for limited areas like Maryland, Texas, and Georgia. Under this plan, you can get your HVAC system, water heater, and even plumbing systems maintained and repaired.
How to Cancel Constellation Energy Services
After you have opted for the constellation energy service, you might for some reason want to opt out of the service as well. So, you might think of how do I cancel my constellation energy service. You can easily cancel the services of Constellation Energy by contacting their customer service representatives. All you need is to give your contact and account details and request for cancellation of the service you want to opt out of.
Here is a detailed answer to the process of how to cancel constellation energy that you need to follow to cancel your services.
- Firstly, contact the customer service department at (800) 718-1509 or send an email to their mail ID.
- You can ask to talk to one of the representatives on call.
- Discuss with them your concerns and provide them with your account and customer details.
- You should request them for the cancellation of your service and the recurring payments as well.
- They will do the necessary at the earliest.
- Once your Constellation Energy services are canceled, you will receive an email or a confirmation letter.
Also See: How to Cancel Direct Energy
Does Constellation Energy Charge Early Termination Fees? Does Constellation Energy have a Cancellation Fee?
You got the answer to how do I cancel my Constellation Energy Service. So, you might wonder you does Constellation Energy charge early termination fees or not. The answer is yes, Constellation Energy has a cancellation fee just like other energy providers. A cancellation fee is charged when you end the service before your contract gets expired before the stated contract length has elapsed.
This fee by Constellation Energy ranges from $50 to $99 and also depends upon the length of your contract. This means if your contract is larger, the cancellation fees will also be higher. You need to read the terms of your own specific contract to know whether you are subject to this cancellation fee. You can also contact and reach out to Constellation Energy. We hope this answers your query about does Constellation Energy have a cancellation fee.
Also Read: Is Constellation Energy Legit?
What Happens When You Cannot Pay Constellation Energy Bill?
If you are unable to pay your Constellation Energy bill, a past-due balance will be accrued to your account. The interest rates can be subjected to this balance, which if not resolved, will eventually lead to disconnection of service. However, the company also provides deferred payment plans to its customers. This lets the customers pay their past-due balance in installments while still being able to enjoy the power services by the company. For this plan, there are specific requirements that you need to fulfill. You can speak with a customer service representative to see if you are eligible for the plan or not.
This blog would have given you an idea of how to cancel constellation energy services and does constellation energy charge early termination fees or not. You can easily contact them anytime and they will assist you.
Recommended: 9 Best On Grid Solar Inverter In India