If you are moving out or switching your energy provider, then you need to know the cancellation process. As a customer of Reliant Energy, if you want to terminate the services, then knowing how to cancel Reliant Energy becomes essential. If you do not know how to go ahead, then do not worry! We are here to help you. Read this further to know the process and is there a cancellation fee for Reliant Energy or not.
Can You Cancel Reliant Energy?
If you are confused and want to know if you can cancel Reliant Energy or not, then here is the answer. Yes, you can cancel your Reliant Energy Services. This can be done through the Reliant Energy portal or by contacting their customer service at 1-866-222-7100. Customer service is also helpful when you want to know the terms and conditions specific to your plan.
How to Cancel Reliant Energy
You already got the answer to whether you can cancel Reliant Energy or not. Now, if you want to know how to cancel Reliant Energy services, then you can simply visit their Cancel Service Page or call their customer service number 1-866-222-7100. If you have not received your Contract Expiration Notice, then you may have to pay the early cancellation fee. You can download your Electricity Facts Label and Terms of Service on the My Plan page under the Plan part of your online account, where you can find information related to your plan. The process of canceling may include the following steps.
1. Review the Terms and Conditions: Take a look at the terms and conditions. This will help you know more about the cancellation policy and any fines or restrictions related to it. Check your contract or agreement with Reliant Energy. Find out the requirements for how much notice you must give before canceling.
2. Contact Customer Service: Contact the customer service division of Reliant Energy. On their website or on any billing statements you have received, you can discover their contact details. You can cancel your service by emailing them or calling their customer support hotline.
3. Provide Required Information: Be ready to give your name, address, and account number when contacting customer support to submit account information. They can discover your account and handle the cancellation request with the use of this information.
4. Follow Instructions: The canceling procedure will be walked through by Reliant Energy’s customer care. To complete the cancellation, they could make further inquiries or give further instructions. Make sure you pay close attention to their instructions. If Reliant Energy sent you any equipment like thermostats and meters, they might ask you to give it back when your service is canceled. Ask about any actions or processes that must be followed in order to return the equipment.
5. Confirm Cancellation: The last step of how to cancel Reliant Energy is by verifying that your service has been terminated by requesting confirmation. To prevent any future financial or service-related concerns, it is crucial to make sure your account is canceled.
After this, you might be wondering if there is a cancellation fee for Reliant Energy or not. You should know that there is a cancellation fee for Reliant Energy. Many plans charge a fee when you terminate your contract early. You will have to pay deposit money at Reliant Energy, which will be refunded to you at the end of your contract. This deposit will be kept by Reliant until 12 on-time payments are made by you in a row. After that, it will appear on your account as a credit. The deposit will be deducted from your final bill and any remaining balance will be sent to you in the event that you cancel your plan prior to that time.
Also See: How to Cancel Champion Energy
What is Reliant Energy Cancellation Fee?
You already know that there is a cancellation fee for Reliant Energy and now let us know what is Reliant Energy cancellation fee. There are many plans offered by Reliant Energy for different types of customers i.e., homes, renters, and businesses. You should know that each plan has a different cancellation cost. Some of the most popular plans and their cancellation fees are listed below.
|Plan Name||Cancellation Fee|
|Secure Advantage 12||$150|
|Reliant Basic Power Plan 12||$150|
|Reliant Basic Power Plan 24||$295|
|Reliant Conservation 24||$295|
|Reliant Flextra Credits 12||$150|
There are no cancellation fees associated with month-to-month plans. It is less for 12-month plans than for 24-month ones. However, the cancellation fee varies for all plans and so, it is recommended to view your specific plan to know about the same. You can contact their customer service to know everything related to your plan. Before registering, make sure to check each plan to see if there is an early termination cost.
Canceling your services with Reliant Energy is not a big deal. But before deciding on anything, you should know the Reliant Energy cancellation fee to make sure you do not overpay. It is better to understand the terms and conditions of your contract for further decisions. But if termination is the only choice left, then you know how to cancel Reliant Energy services.