Q Cells and Panasonic are two popular brands that sell solar panels. They provide high-quality products with distinguished features. If you are planning to opt for solar panels but do not know which one to choose, it’s important to read Q Cells solar panels vs Panasonic comparison including differences in their efficiency and price range. Read this further to know everything about Q Cells solar panels vs Panasonic efficiency, warranty, and price range.
Q Cells Solar Panels Vs Panasonic
Let us do a quick comparison to give you an idea of Q Cells solar panels and Panasonic solar panels.
Hanwha Q Cells are known for their high-quality, cost-effective, efficient solar cells and modules, and are one of the world’s largest and most well-known photovoltaic manufacturers. They provide a wide variety of solar applications, goods, and other solutions. The most well-known of their 340Watt panels is the all-black model. Both monocrystalline and multi-crystalline solar panel models are available. To meet diverse installation needs, they provide a range of sizes and power options. They are economical and the fact that they last for quite a long time makes them a good investment. Q cells solar panels are safer than many other brands due to their design, which guards against short circuits and overcharging, both of which can result in fires or explosions. With a comparative capacity higher than the rest, Q Cells solar panels promise a better output.
Panasonic is a well-known brand in the market of electrical appliances and solar panels. They provide a wide selection of solar panel models for both residential and commercial applications. The company provides panels of various sizes and power capabilities. They are highly efficient when compared to other brands, with their battery capacity surpassing others. 25 years is definitely a long time for any device to function smoothly and that is the reason Panasonic solar panels are highly trusted.
In short, we can say that Q Cells solar panels are more affordable, whereas Panasonic panels offer higher efficiency. To get in-depth detail about Q Cells solar panels and Panasonic efficiency, capacity, price range, and warranty, read this article till the end.
Q Cells Solar Panels Vs Panasonic Efficiency
Depending on the model, Q Cells sells solar panels that have an efficiency rating ranging from 19.6% to 21.2%. A unique technique used by Q Cells called QUANTUM is used to increase the effectiveness of solar panels. Q Cells assert that under real-world circumstances, the panels are able to achieve high module efficiencies and good performance.
Panasonic sells solar panels with HIT technology, which combines monocrystalline silicon wafers with incredibly thin layers of amorphous silicon. The main goals of this technology are greater efficiency and better temperature performance. In general, and again depending on the exact model, HIT solar panels by Panasonic have efficiency ratings ranging from 19.1% to over 20.3%. The Panasonic EverVolt panels on the other hand have an efficiency between 20% to 22.2%.
Q Cells Solar Panels Vs Panasonic Capacity
The capacity of Q Cells solar panels and Panasonic solar panels is one of the important factors that need to be considered before buying any of their solar panels.
- The Q Cells solar panels are available from 335 Watts to 590 Watts and are all up to par with or even better than the industry norm.
- However, the size of Panasonic panels varies from 350 Watts to 410 Watts, which is also a pretty standard for solar panels available today.
Also See: REC vs Q Cell Solar Panels
Q Cells Solar Panels Vs Panasonic Price Range
Now that you have learned about Q cells solar panels vs Panasonic capacity, let us know about their price range to see which one is pocket friendly.
Like with every other solar panel, the Q Cells, and Panasonic solar panels’ price range will vary depending on your location, the time of year you buy them, and even the solar installer that you choose.
- Costs for Q Cells solar panels range from $2.32 to $3.16/W. This price is $13,920 to $18,960 for a 6kW system before adding the federal solar tax credit.
- The price per watt for Panasonic solar panels is between $2.61 and $3.45. This is $15,660 to $20,700 for a 6kW system prior to the federal solar tax credit.
Q Cells Solar Panels Vs Panasonic Warranty
Once you have an idea about Q Cells solar panels vs Panasonic price range, the next thing you should consider is Q Cells solar panels vs Panasonic warranty to see which is better.
Q Cells solar panels are renowned for their robust design and durability that ensures they last for a long time. They include a 12-year product warranty and a 25-year linear performance guarantee.
Panasonic solar panels are highly regarded for their exceptional durability. Panasonic comes with AllGuard and TripleGuard warranties that cover your solar panels for performance, product, parts, and labor for 25 years. The warranty of Panasonic solar panels is better than others because it guarantees that the panels will maintain 90 – 92% of their original power output after 25 years.
Q Cells Solar Panels Vs Panasonic Pros and Cons
To give you an overall idea about both solar panel brands, read about their pros and cons.
1. Q CELLS Solar Panels
- Aesthetics: All the solar panels of Q CELLS have a sleek black finish, so they should mix well with your roof.
- Great Value for the Price: Q CELLS panels are a good option if you are looking for a high-quality panel at a reasonable price though they are not at the top of industry lists for efficiency or performance.
- Efficiency: If efficiency is your primary priority when installing solar panels, other solar panel brands on the market offer higher efficiency ratings than Q CELLS, but they will probably cost more.
- Performance: Similar to efficiency, Q CELLS panels are not the top performers in the solar industry if we look at the industry as a whole. The solar panel installation firm will steer you on a different route if this is your main requirement.
2. Panasonic Solar Panels
- Impressive Specs: Panasonic offers some of the most impressive specifications for solar panels in the solar market. Their technology helps them achieve higher efficiency compared to other solar panel companies.
- Warranty: They also come with an excellent warranty. It has 25 years of warranty that covers your solar panels’ performance, product, parts, and labor.
- Lower Price than Premium Panels: They are a cost-effective option when going for different solar panels. They are cheap if you compare them with other brands. However, it is costlier if compared to Q cells.
- Price: Panasonic solar panels are top-notch when compared to premium panels with similar specs. However, you can still buy comparable panels at a lower cost.
- Manufacturing: Panasonic solar panels are manufactured by a third party as the company itself does not manufacture them.
Thus we can say that both offer extensive features but note that Q Cells solar panels have lower costs, while Panasonic panels are more efficient.
Now you know everything about the two devices. From Q cells solar panels vs Panasonic warranty to their pros and cons, we have covered everything. We hope this Q Cells solar panels vs Panasonic features comparison helped you to form a better judgment.
Recommended: How Long Can Tesla Powerwall Run AC?