A growing percentage of families choose to install solar panels with solar batteries for a sustainable environment and power outages. To make things easier for you, we have put together a rundown of comparisons between the Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall. These are two of the top batteries on the market that can deliver better backup power for your home. To choose the ideal one, questions like Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall specs and performance are discussed.
Panasonic EverVolt Vs Tesla Powerwall Comparison – Which is Better?
Both Panasonic and Tesla are top manufacturers of solar power devices. To understand Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall which is better, you need to get an overview of both these products.
1. Tesla has been refining and improving its energy storage technologies since the release of the first Powerwall in 2015. The Powerwall is intended to blend into the surrounding environment of your life, completing its work while remaining ready in the event of a power out.
2. The current Powerwall+ has a useful capacity of 13.5 kWh and is one of the most often installed battery backup systems for home use.
3. The Powerwall battery costs roughly $9,200 before installation charges, while installation costs about $13,000. The price of a Powerwall combined with a Tesla solar panel or solar roof system is expected to come closer to $11,500. Furthermore, depending on your location charges may increase or decrease.
4. The Powerwall battery is simple to operate, but because it is connected to your home via AC power, solar energy is converted from DC to AC first, causing the battery-less effective compared to one with a direct DC connection to a solar installation.
5. Furthermore, the Powerwall only comes in one size, so if you need just a bit more energy compared with what one can give, you’ll have to pay for an entire second battery.
1. Panasonic is one of the world’s most recognized and trusted electronics brands, and its solar and battery offerings live up to that reputation by producing some of the most effective solar panels on the market, which have been developed to work in combination with the EverVolt battery system.
2. Panasonic provides two battery sizes of 11.4 and 17.1 kWh when installed as an AC-coupled system attached to your home’s wiring, but when placed DC-coupled with your solar inverter, the battery system is extendable from 11-102 kWh for a truly massive whole-home backup solution. The batteries can also be purchased individually and installed with or without solar panels.
3. AC-coupled Panasonic batteries cost range between $15,000 and $20,000, which is more expensive than Tesla’s AC-coupled Powerwall+.
4. Panasonic EverVolt batteries can be placed in either AC-coupled or DC-coupled configurations, allowing you to configure the battery to your specific needs.
5. Panasonic’s warranty only guarantees 60% capacity after ten years, putting it behind Tesla.
Panasonic EverVolt Vs Tesla Powerwall Specs: How Different are They?
1. Panasonic EverVolt
The Panasonic EverVolt EVDC-105-4 Standard is a DC-coupled battery storage system with a storage capacity of 11.4kWh and modular design incorporates a 5.5kW DC 120/240V converter and the PowerHub programmable controller. The system has a constant battery output power of 4.8kW at 25 A current and a backup capacity of six hours on average. This battery storage device is simple to use, with an app accessible to monitor and regulate it. It also comes with a warranty, which provides consumers with assurance and long-term dependability.
2. Tesla Powerwall
Customers can depend on stored solar energy during power outages owing to the Tesla Powerwall, an outstanding battery backup solution that supports the conversion to backup battery power with the capability of recharging using solar PV panels. The Powerwall Plus has a capacity of 13.5kWh and a power rating of 7.6kW, with a constant power output of 5.8kW when there is no sunlight. However, a Powerwall may only be purchased if you also purchase Tesla’s solar panels. You can connect up to ten Powerwalls to ensure that your home has the appropriate backup batteries. It is recommended to utilize the Tesla Powerwall with a solar panel system for the best performance.
The following are Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall specifications to help you get a deeper insight:
|Specifications||Panasonic EverVolt||Tesla Powerwall|
|Capacity||Up to 102kWh||13.5kWh|
|Power source||Solar panels||Solar panels|
|Controls||Dedicated app||Dedicated app|
Are you wondering about Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall warranty period? Since it is already hefty on the pocket, a good enough warranty period would help you relax a bit. Continue to read and find out.
Panasonic EverVolt Vs Tesla Powerwall Efficiency – Which has Better Performance?
The following table compares the efficiency of the Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall:
|Brand||Availability||Warranty period||Capacity||Control for the Power Source||Multi-Unit Configurations|
|Tesla Powerwall +||Tesla website||10 years||13.5kWh||Dedicated app||Yes, up to 10|
|Panasonic EverVolt DC Coupled||Panasonic website||10 years||Up to 102kWh||Dedicated app||Yes, up to 3|
The accompanying application for both makes it simple to use and enables convenient tracking and administration of the distribution of energy and utilization. Unlike the Tesla Powerwall, the Panasonic EverVolt is intended to enhance efficiency. It is done through the use of a hybrid inverter that may be used with either DC or AC systems. However, just like the Tesla Powerwall, you can program the battery to automatically discharge electricity to your residence if the grid shut down or the electricity rate spikes.
Both are amazing options to choose from with great efficiency but do you know Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall price range, continue to read and find which option suits well in your budget. Furthermore, you can choose whether to install a solar panel or depend upon the electrical grid to charge the battery.
What is the Comparison Between Panasonic EverVolt Vs Tesla Powerwall Price Range?
Tesla Powerwall 13.5kWh lithium-ion battery is going to cost you approximately $10,500, and an extra solar panel will cost you range between $15,000 to $25,000. If you perform the calculation, you may end up paying more than $25,500 to install a Tesla Powerwall at your house.
According to estimates, the installation of a Panasonic EverVolt 2.0 house battery might cost between $15,000 to $20,000. It costs more than a single Tesla Powerwall battery, yet you’re getting an advantageous deal because it has a bigger capacity of 17.1kWh or 25.65kWh. Furthermore, you must decide whether to install a solar panel or rely on the power grid to charge the battery.
Panasonic EverVolt Vs Tesla Powerwall Warranty – Which One You Should Choose?
The Tesla Powerwall is one of the greatest alternatives for a whole-home battery backup solution with a capacity of 13.5kWh; it provides ample storage of energy to sustain you through power disruptions with a solar panel warranty. The Panasonic EverVolt has the advantage of buying batteries without or with the requirement of a solar panel. Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall comparison based upon warranty terms:
Tesla’s warranty offering is very competitive when compared to others in the industry. Importantly, the Powerwall warranty runs for ten years and has a guaranteed capacity of 70% after the warranty period. Tesla provides an unlimited cycle warranty, which is unique. Tesla also offers 24/7 support for issues relating to their Powerwall, and because the majority of problems with the Powerwall are connected to software instead of hardware issues, those can be resolved without a site visit. However, because of the need for online software upgrades to the Powerwall’s performance, Tesla will not honor their warranty if the Powerwall has not had regular internet connectivity during its life.
Panasonic EverVolt provides entire system safety and assurance for decades to come by covering your solar power and storage system for product, performance, and labor. Panasonic EverVolt has been supported by one of America’s most trusted brands and has over a century of stability. The Panasonic EverVolt battery storage system saves excess energy generated by your solar panels throughout the day for usage by your family during grid failures, utility shut-offs, power outages, and peak rate hours. To ensure years of free-of-concern use by being prepared and independent, EverVolt comes with a full 10-year warranty against faults and craftsmanship, preserving your investment for the life of the system.
Also See: REC vs LG Solar Panels-Which is Better?
Panasonic EverVolt Vs Tesla Powerwall Which is Better to Invest in?
After learning about Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall efficiency, now you must be up with a decision that seems a better investment. To determine your power requirements, you’ll need to calculate the wattage and voltage usage of your complete home. If you’re aware of the number of watts and volts your electrical devices use, add a minimum of 20% to the overall. This way, whenever you add electronics or a device that begins to consume more power than normal, your system will be capable to keep up. Additionally, if retail and installation pricing seems a little high, numerous retailers give some kind of installment plan so that you can split the total cost into more affordable, monthly payments.
According to research, installing a Panasonic EverVolt 2.0 house battery is more expensive than purchasing a single Tesla Powerwall battery. However, it provides greater value because it has a bigger capacity of 17.1kWh or 25.65kWh.
Moreover, the main question arises Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall which turns out to be the better investment for your home? If you require a well-rounded and extensible home battery backup, consider purchasing the Tesla Powerwall. Moreover, if you require a modular battery backup system for fluctuating power requirements, get the Panasonic EverVolt home battery backup.
When deciding on the best home battery backup system, numerous technical parameters including spike, begin, operating voltage, and amperage must be considered. Nevertheless, choosing between Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall which is better is crucial. It allows you to know about the power range and pricing and installation costs. These are also important factors to consider when making a decision. In this Panasonic EverVolt vs Tesla Powerwall comparison, we have studied the key distinctions between the two devices to see which one is best suited to your needs, even if both offer advantages. Anyway, you can choose the Tesla Powerwall, if you need an extensible home battery backup that will run probably better than the Panasonic product after 10 years.
Recommended: 6 Advantages and Disadvantages of Green Building