Are you getting frustrated with soaring energy costs and planning to cancel your EDF energy service? However, many of you might not know how to do it. If so, then you have arrived at the right destination. In this article, we will provide you with some easy-to-follow cancellation steps and information regarding associated fees.
Can you Cancel EDF Energy?
Yes, you can. The process for canceling an EDF energy subscription is easy and simple. EDF’s cancellation policy allows customers to cancel their energy subscription anytime they want by paying a cancellation fee. But before that, you need to consider their cancellation policy:
- You can initiate the cancellation free of cost if done within the first 14 days (about 2 weeks)
- During the last 49 days (about 1 and a half months) of your tariff, you can not be charged terminating fees.
Now, let’s discuss how to cancel EDF energy in detail.
How to Cancel EDF Energy
EDF is one of the biggest energy-providing companies in Britain that works to attain net zero carbon emissions. They offer many services to homes and businesses ranging from smart home products to standard or green electricity, and natural gas supply. They provide their services at competitive rates. This allows customers to reduce their utility bill costs as well as contribute towards a more sustainable future.
For cancellation, there are different processes to follow which we will discuss in detail.
1. Send an Email
- The first way is to send them an email at firstname.lastname@example.org asking for a cancellation request.
- Later, they will send you a cancellation form. Fill it out and send it again from your same email ID.
- Your subscription will be discontinued once your cancellation request is approved.
2. Contact Customer Representative
- The next way is to directly call EDF’s customer care department on 0808 101 5188 or 0800 096 2255 and discuss the issues you are facing and request a cancellation.
- Customer care is available at your service from Monday to Friday between 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM and on Saturday between 9:00 AM to 3:00 PM.
- You can also visit their website to initiate the online chat option to cancel your subscription.
3. Apply for Cancellation via Freepost
The final option is to download a cancellation request form, fill it out, and send it to EDF’s official freepost address.
334 Outland Road,
Plymouth, PL3 5TU
Make sure you have all the necessary details required for cancellation before calling or logging into your EDF account.
Some additional tips if you wish to cancel EDF Energy are:
- Take advantage of the 14-day cooling-off period after signing your contract. You have the option to cancel it by filling out EDF Energy’s convenient online form.
- Before switching providers, make sure to check with EDF Energy if you need to cancel your contract with them before making the switch.
Also See: How to Cancel Octopus Energy
Is there a Cancellation Fee for EDF Energy?
Yes, there is a cancellation fee for EDF Energy, but based on their policy here are the points you need to be aware of:
- Under EDF’s cancellation policy, subscribers get a 14-day or 2-week cooling-off period. This gives you the right to revoke your EDF energy contract within the first 14 days (about 2 weeks) without paying any fees.
- Another option is to sign out within the final 49 days (about 1 and a half months) of your tariff. Canceling your contract in this period won’t charge you any cancellation fee.
- However, if you don’t cancel your EDF energy within the cooling-off period or last 49 days (about 1 and a half months), then a cancellation fee has to be paid.
- For tariff plans, you can also confirm if your tariff has an early exit fee.
- To know everything about their Early Termination fee, you can visit their official page.
Also See: How to Cancel Alinta Energy
Reasons For Cancelling Your EDF Energy Subscription
There could be various reasons which might incite you to cancel your EDF service. Here we have mentioned three major scenarios where EDF energy cancellation might become necessary.
1. Change of Supplier
It often happens that while reviewing energy providers, you come across utility companies with more reasonable rates that seem to be a better fit for your needs. This might lead you to think of switching over to a new energy provider and canceling your EDF energy subscription.
2. Financial Constraints
Financial challenges can arise anytime that may prompt you to cut down on your expenses like your monthly utility bills. This makes you shift to some other alternative supplier where you can save your energy costs. This might lead you to cancel your EDF energy subscription.
3. Shifting to a New Location
It is one of the primary causes of energy contract cancellations. Suppose you secure a job in another city or country; this can lead you to relocate to a different location and cancel your EDF energy subscription as well.
In conclusion, getting out of your EDF contract is easy and simple. To avoid cancellation fees, follow all the steps and properly convey your request to the EDF customer representatives within the suggested policy duration. Ensure that you submit all the necessary details carefully and wait calmly until they process your request. For more energy-related content, keep scrolling through our blogs.
Source: eDF Energy Official Page