Enphase Energy is a globally recognized company that brought revolution through its microinverter technology. Moreover, its performance and its high quality make it a dependable choice for its customers. If you are planning to buy one for your home or business, you must go through the Enphase Micro inverter review. Let’s also discuss the Enphase micro inverter specification that will help you decide if its products are the perfect choice for you.
What is a Micro Inverter? What is an Enphase Micro Inverter?
A micro inverter is a small inverter that is designed to be attached to each individual solar panel. Because micro inverters are attached to each solar panel, each panel operates independently of the rest of the solar array, and DC power is converted to AC immediately on the roof. AC solar modules are solar panels that come with factory-installed microinverters.
Now let us see what is an Enphase micro inverter. Enphase produced the first microinverter, the M175 in 2008, but it wasn’t until the next-generation M190 was introduced in 2009 that made a huge profit. Since then, Enphase has established itself as an industry leader in microinverter technology with a large market share in North America while selling across other areas, such as Europe and Australia. Their sales are relatively low in comparison but are increasing as both consumers and installers recognize the numerous advantages of microinverters.
Enphase Micro inverter Review – Are They Worth It?
Enphase has launched the Enphase Energy System, claiming it to be the next generation of solar power. It has revolutionized the solar business with its microinverter technology that has begun to broaden its services for the renewable energy industry.
The Enphase Home Solar Energy System is a complete package that generates, stores, monitors, regulates, and analyses energy in your home. Before we get into the depth of the Enphase micro inverter, you must know how it operates:
1. Enphase Microinverters are put beneath each solar module to convert DC power to AC power. Each microinverter delivers alternating current power to your home’s electrical panel site load center and transmits performance data to the Envoy via your home’s electrical cabling.
2. Enphase AC Batteries operate with the Envoy-S Metered, allowing you to store extra energy produced by your solar panels throughout the day and use it later in the day or at night when you will require it.
3. The Enphase Envoy Communications Gateway sends performance data to enlighten through the Internet.
4. Enphase Enlighten software allows you to monitor your system’s performance online and gives diagnostic tools for your solar professional.
The Enphase Micro inverter review emphasizes the technology’s primary characteristics and benefits in solar power systems. These features and reviews can help you choose whether this is what you were searching for. The following is a list of features of what the Enphase microinverter review includes:
1. They are well-known for their excellent efficiency and dependability and have been optimized to maximize the output of each individual solar panel in an array. Enphase microinverters also provide better system design flexibility, enabling easier customization of solar systems to match individual needs. Enphase’s monitoring system is a crucial advantage, providing real-time data on system performance and assisting in the identification of any difficulties that may emerge. Enphase Microinverters are provided by Individual panel-level monitoring and fault detection.
2. Enphase microinverter comprised of IQ batteries, and an interactive app. The all-in-one system provides an integrated solution for storing and regulating the energy generated from your solar panels. The IQ8 microinverters can capture more energy in low-light circumstances, improving the energy productivity of your system.
3. The Enphase app provides valuable information about the operation of your complete energy system while also providing you control over where your energy goes. Unlike several other apps, the Enphase app displays per-panel performance as well as your appliances’ consumption of energy.
4. Enphase microinverters can be more expensive than typical string inverters, which may be a deterrent for some households. Despite this, Enphase microinverters get a good rating, indicating a positive overall assessment of the technology. When it comes to home battery backup, the Enphase micro inverter price is at the higher end of the spectrum, owing to the cost of installing microinverters on your solar system. Microinverters are not only costly, but they also incur additional expenditures.
5. Enphase Microinverters cannot connect to a DC battery without the use of an additional inverter. Enphase only provides two sizes of solar batteries, both of which are on the small side, indicating that the average American home would require more than one Enphase battery if they want to disconnect their system from the grid.
6. Microinverters were not a good alternative for energy storage until recently the innovative new Enphase IQ energy storage system and smart controllers were built for seamless integration of solar, batteries, and even backup generators to enable partial and complete off-grid operation.
Thus, it should be noted that Enphase Microinverter has an overall good rating given by the customers. However, considering all these features provided in the Enphase Micro inverter Review, you can plan out if this suits you or not.
What is Enphase Micro Inverter Specification?
Enphase Energy usually provides power ratings ranging from 240VA to 380VA. It is compatible with AC-coupled batteries and can be utilized off-grid when combined with the Encharge battery and IQ8 micros. After learning about the Enphase Micro inverter Review, have a look at the Enphase micro inverter specification and sizes of the Enphase Micro Inverter 7 series’ different models:
|Specifications||Enphase IQ 7A||Enphase IQ 7+||Enphase IQ 7X|
|Peak Output Power||366VA||295VA||320VA|
|Maximum Constant Output Current||349VA||290VA||315VA|
|Maximum DC Voltage||58V||60V||79.5V|
|EU Inverter Efficiency||96.5%||96.5%||96.5%|
|Dimensions including the Safety Switch/Connection Unit||212 ×— 175 ×— 30.2 mm||212 ×— 175 ×— 30.2 mm||212 ×— 175 ×— 30.2 mm|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years||10 years|
|Operational Temperature Range||-40°C to 60°C||-40°C to 65°C||-40°C to 60°C|
|Made in||North America/Asia||North America/Asia||North America/Asia|
Also Read: 9 Best On Grid Solar Inverter In India
Can Temperature Impact the Enphase Micro Inverter Performance?
Since you have learned what is an Enphase micro inverter, you must be curious to learn about Enphase micro inverter performance. Enphase tested and analyzed the performance of their micros during the 2014 Australian summer in Adelaide, which saw the most consecutive days of summer. Because of their extensive inverter monitoring, they were able to announce that no Enphase Micro inverter in Australia stopped down owing to high temperatures during this period. Moreover, Enphase strives to give end-users a product that not only promises the basic benefits of a microinverter system but also a more engaging and instructive user experience than the standard systems.
What is Enphase Micro Inverter Failure Rate?
Enphase is the global market leader in microinverters, and when compared to regular string inverters, Enphase microinverters deliver greater output in shade. But as a consumer, you must be worrying about the Enphase micro inverter failure rate. To your relief, Enphase’s microinverters have been tested for millions of hours and have achieved an extremely low failure rate of 0.051%, with the IQ7 series even lower. Enphase Micro inverter review also explains why they are best designed for shaded roofs and ensures the safety of a PV system due to their low DC voltage.
The Enphase IQ 7 Series is the seventh generation of the product series to be introduced in the last ten years. It has a high-quality variety of microinverters with a low failure rate and the industry’s highest microinverter EU Efficiency of 96.5%. An independent analysis conducted by PV Evolution Labs revealed that the Enphase IQ 7 Series Microinverters produce 1-3.1% more energy than string inverters.
Also Read: What are Enphase Micro Inverter Problems?
What is Enphase Micro Inverter Price?
As you are already aware of Enphase micro inverter failure rate, it can be concluded that it’s a great buy, but are you wondering about Enphase micro inverter price? Enphase Micro Inverter estimated cost is as follows:
- Enphase IQ Series Micros IQ7+ 290VA Microinverter- $140 to $160
- Enphase IQ Series Micros IQ7 240VA Microinverter- $120 to $140
Remember that inverter costs are often between 10% and 20% of your entire system cost, thus it is often worthwhile to invest in a high-quality inverter because it will have a significant impact on the overall efficiency and performance of your solar power.
Enphase microinverters and AC modules provide numerous advantages, especially when individual panel-level monitoring is necessary. However, for smaller systems, microinverters have a little higher upfront cost than string inverter systems, and the price differential grows significantly for bigger systems. Nevertheless, if you are on limited funds and have large open roof areas with no shading difficulties, a high-quality string inverter will be more cost-effective.
Note: The prices may vary depending on the location and model.
Also Read: Huawei Inverter Review – Are They Good?
What is Enphase Micro Inverter Warranty?
Warranty plays a crucial role in judging the overall performance of a product. So, what is the Enphase micro inverter warranty? In most countries, the typical Enphase microinverter warranty period is 10 years, which happens to be the same warranty granted by most leading string solar inverter manufacturers. However, the warranty in the United States and Canada is a remarkable 25 years. It is unclear why this longer warranty is not available outside the United States; possibly the greater cost of solar in the United States is a factor.
Unfortunately, the extended warranty does not apply to other Enphase devices, such as the Gateway, Envoy, CT meters, and Combiner, that are only backed by a 5-year warranty. After learning about Enphase micro inverter review about different models, you must know that it provides a 10-year warranty on its microinverters, covering manufacturing and material defects.
If you have a problem with any of your Enphase microinverters, the initial step ought to be to contact the original installer for a solution.
- Regardless of any claims to the contrary, if they are still in business, they are liable for the repair and replacement of a malfunctioning microinverter if the product is still within its warranty period.
- If your original installer has lately gone down of business or is somehow no longer reachable, you must file warranty claims with Enphase.
- The Enphase team will figure out the problem and then work with you to arrange for a replacement. Enphase micro inverter warranty offers up to $100 in labor reimbursement costs.
To conclude the Enphase Micro inverter Review, note that the inverters are unique but pricey. They are perfect for small spaces like townhouses and corporate settings. Since you are aware of the Enphase micro inverter specification, you can now choose the best product that suits your basic needs.
Recommended: How to Cancel ActewAGL Energy: A Step-by-Step Guide