Opting for solar power is always a good option. And hence, it becomes crucial to know about different energy companies and their rates. Analyzing their power plans helps you comprehend which company to choose according to your needs. This article is going to talk about Momentum Energy and answer questions like- is Momentum Energy cheap compared to other services and does Momentum Energy have an app? Let us find out below.
Who Owns Momentum Energy?
Knowing about the company is important before connecting with it. So, in this pointer, we will tell you who owns Momentum Energy.
A 100% Australian-owned energy company based in Melbourne, Momentum Energy supplies electricity and gas to its customers across Australia. The company was founded in 2002. It offers energy from renewable sources through its parent company, Hydro Tasmania. Momentum Energy is owned by Hydro Tasmania, which is owned by the Tasmanian government. It generates power through hydroelectricity and wind farms. Hydro Tasmania is Australia’s largest renewable generator.
Is Momentum Energy Cheap? A Closer Look at Pricing and Plans
Now you know who owns Momentum Energy. Let us talk about the prices of Momentum Energy here to help you figure out is Momentum Energy cheap or not. Momentum Energy is cheaper compared to other energy services. It offers some of the cheapest plans available in the market to its customers. Its owner, Hydro Tasmania, is a renewable energy company and so, some of the profits from Momentum Energy go towards renewable energy. Momentum Energy offers plans which fulfill the needs of the customers while also helping them save.
It mainly provides two electricity plans, Nothing Fancy and Suit Yourself. The Momentum Energy rates for these plans for different states are mentioned below.
Rates for the plan Nothing Fancy for different states are mentioned below.
- For VIC (Victoria), the estimated price per year is $1,076, with VDO below 17%.
- For NSW (New South Wales), the estimated price per year is $1,356, with DMO below 10%.
- For SA (South Australia), the estimated price per year is $1,719, with DMO below 7%.
- For QLD (Queensland), the estimated price per year is $1,512, with DMO below 7%.
Rates for the plan Suit Yourself for different states are mentioned below.
- For VIC (Victoria), the estimated price per year is $1,291.
- For NSW (New South Wales), the estimated price per year is $1,509.
- For SA (South Australia), the estimated price per year is $2,115, with DMO above 15%.
- For QLD (Queensland), the estimated price per year is $1,862, with DMO above 15%
1. The VDO reference price is $1,292 per year, and Victoria energy rates are based on usage of 4000kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Citipower network.
2. The DMO reference price is $1,620 per year, and Queensland electricity rates are based on usage of 4600 kWh per year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Energex network.
3. The DMO reference price is $1,840 per year. South Australia energy tariffs are based on usage of 4000 kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the SA Power Networks.
4. The DMO reference price is $1,512 per year, while New South Wales energy rates are based on usage of 3900 kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Ausgrid network.
What are Momentum Energy Plans?
In the previous pointer you got the answer to if Momentum Energy is cheap and what are Momentum energy rates in different states. As a Momentum Energy consumer, you should be aware of Momentum Energy Plans.
For your residence, Momentum Energy offers specific electricity and gas plans for both households and businesses. Depending on where you are located, the terms of the plans that are offered in your area will vary. These are some Momentum Energy plans-
1. Momentum Energy Electricity Plans
Momentum Energy offers 2 varieties of electricity plans for residential customers. Instead of providing customers with complicated discounts, Momentum Energy offers simplistic plans to its customers which are mentioned below: –
- Nothing Fancy: The company claims that having fewer features can lower your service expenses. Therefore, this plan offers minimal features. Bills and correspondence must be sent via email, and customers are required to pay by direct debit.
- Suit Yourself: This variable rate plan comes equipped with 10% GreenPower but no conditional discounts.
Also Read: What are Solar Rebates in SA?
2. Momentum Energy Gas Plans
Natural gas is now sold by Momentum Energy in Victoria (VIC). Currently, Momentum Energy does not supply electricity in New South Wales, Queensland, and South Australia. Customers may be eligible for an open contract with no exit costs, similar to current energy plans.
3. Momentum Energy Solar Plan
Momentum provides consumers with a solar energy plan called the Solar Step-Up Plan as part of their efforts to boost renewable energy. The following criteria must be met in order to be eligible for this solar plan, according to Momentum Energy:
- You are a residential customer or small to medium business owner.
- You live in one of the following states: VIC, NSW, SA, or QLD.
- Your generating capacity is 10 kW or less.
- Your solar plan is current.
4. Momentum Energy Business Plans
Both electricity and gas plans are retailed by Momentum Energy for small to medium businesses, including larger enterprises as well. It provides options for businesses and allows them to choose what exactly they need with plans like Bill Boss and Self Serve. However, the prices can vary depending on the region.
Also See: How to Cancel Direct Energy
Does Momentum Energy Have an App?
Yes, Momentum Energy has an App called Momentum Energy Dashboard, which helps you visualize your electricity consumption. However, this app is only useful for customers of Momentum Energy in Australia.
To manage your Momentum Energy account, you can use their online portal, which can be accessed through their website. Alternatively, you can contact Momentum Energy’s customer service team directly for assistance.
To conclude, Momentum Energy is a company that takes into account the needs of its customers and also tries to fulfill them. The question is Momentum Energy cheap is already answered in this article. After knowing Momentum Energy plans and rates, you might be able to choose the correct plan for your household wisely.
Recommended: Enphase Micro Inverter Review – Are They Worth It?