Camping is a wonderful way to connect with nature as it offers a break from mundane routine and daily stress. However, today’s adventurers often require a reliable power source. Solar power generators for camping blend modern conveniences with the outdoor experience, offering portability and efficiency that meet power demands. In this guide, we will discuss the best solar power generator for camping that caters to your diverse needs while reducing environmental impact.
Best Solar Power Generators for Camping
Solar generators are becoming increasingly popular as a sustainable energy solution for a variety of outdoor activities and as a backup power source in the event of an emergency. They demonstrate the advancements in renewable energy technology by providing portability, versatility, and increased efficiency.
We’ve highlighted the top solar power generators for camping in this list, each with its own set of features and benefits. From the portable series to the high-capacity, there is a solar generator to suit every requirement and budget.
1. Jackery Solar Generator
The Jackery Explorer series combines portability with a wide range of charging options. It’s intended for both off-grid travelers and those in need of dependable emergency power backup. Two notable solar power generators for camping are listed below:
A. Jackery Explorer 240 Portable Power Station
- Capacity: 240Wh
- Inverter: 200W with a surge capacity of 400W
- Designed for multiple outdoor devices
- Offers three distinct recharging methods
- Functions as a clean and quiet solar generator
- Compact and durable design
- Price range: $468 to $519
B. Jackery Explorer 1000 Portable Power Station
- Capacity: 1002Wh
- Output: 1000W with a peak of 2000W
- Features diverse output ports
- AC outlets provide pure sine wave output
- Compact and portable design
- Eco-friendly, quiet, and simple to use
- Price range: $1298 to $1649
2. Bluetti Portable Power Station
Bluetti‘s solar generator lineup offers a unique combination of portability, innovative charging capabilities, and numerous features. Their models cater to both frequent travelers and homeowners, standing out for their efficiency and design. Some of their well-known solar power generators for camping are as follows:
A. BLUETTI Portable Power Station EB3A
- 600W AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter, peak 1,200W.
- 268Wh Energy Storage Capacity.
- Dual Charging at a 430W Maximum (Solar+AC).
- LiFePO4 battery offers 2,500+ life cycles, retaining 80% capacity.
- 6 Diverse Charging Options
- 9 Outputs to facilitate simultaneous device charging.
- BLUETTI App integration.
- 24/7 UPS for consistent power supply.
- Notable features include portability, fast charging, reliability, and cost-effectiveness.
- Price Range: around $299
B. BLUETTI AC60 Portable Power Station
- Robust design with IP65-rating ensuring dust and water resistance.
- Expandable energy capacity, ranging from 403Wh to a staggering 2,015Wh.
- Turbocharging capability, reaching 100% in just an hour.
- LiFePO4 battery longevity with over 3,000 life cycles, maintaining 80% capacity.
- Flexibility in 4 Charging Methods: AC, Solar, Car, and Lead-acid Battery.
- BLUETTI App integration.
- Price Range: $699 to $1897
3. Goal Zero Solar Generator
Goal Zero has established itself as a prominent name in the solar generator business. Despite increased competition, the Goal Zero Yeti series is the popular choice for its excellent balance of usability and innovation, making it a great option for both campers and homeowners.
Yeti Solar Generators are built to be tough and versatile power sources that can be used for both on-the-go needs and emergency power outages. Here are some of their well-known YETi solar power generators for camping:
A. Goal Zero Yeti 200X Solar Generator
- Capacity: 187Wh
- Battery: Li-ion NMC
- AC Inverter Output: 120W continuous, 200W surge.
- Ultra-lightweight and compact design.
- Optimal for charging phones, portable speakers, headlamps, and other smaller devices.
- Charging option from sun, wall, and car
- Weight: 5 lbs
- Dimensions: 7.9 x 5.1 x 5.1 inches
- Price: approximately $299.95
B. Goal Zero Yeti 1500X Solar Generator
- Capacity: 1516Wh,
- Battery: lithium-ion battery
- AC Inverter Output: 2000W, 3500W surge.
- Suitable for camping, tailgating, off-grid events, workshops, and emergencies.
- Ports 7 types of charging options.
- Charging option from sun, wall, and car
- Features a Yeti App 3.0
- Weight: 45.64 lbs.
- Dimensions: 15.25 x 10.23 x 10.37 inches.
- Price: around $1,799.95
C. Goal Zero Yeti 3000X Portable Power Station
- Capacity: 3,032 Watt Hours.
- Battery: Li-ion NMC
- AC Inverter Output: 2000W, 3500W surge.
- Seven port options, catering from tools to e-bikes and electric grills.
- Charging Options: Solar, wall, and car.
- Yeti App 3.0: Allows for monitoring and control from anywhere.
- Weight: 69.78 lbs.
- Dimensions: 15.25 x 10.23 x 13.6 inches.
- Price: $2799.95 approximately.
Also, take a look at the 5 Advantages and Disadvantages of Solar Generators.
4. BioLite Solar Generator
The BioLite BaseCharge series stands out by its sleek structure, portability, and efficient charging. This solar power generator for camping was designed for the modern traveler, equipped with features like wireless charging and a user-friendly interface. Here are some well-known models:
A. BioLite BaseCharge 600 Portable Power Station
- Battery Capacity: 622 Wh capacity (21.6V, 28.8 Ah), Li-Ion (NMC).
- Compact, portable, quiet, and fume-free.
- Can power laptops, tablets, phones, cameras, and more.
- Input Ports: Wall/Solar (120W), USB-C PD (100W).
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 7.9 x 7.9 inches.
- Weight: 14.0 lbs.
- Price: around $699.00
B. BioLite BaseCharge 1500 Portable Power Station
- Battery Capacity: 1521 Wh (21.6V, 70.4 Ah), Li-Ion (NMC).
- A high-capacity portable power station offering wall-outlet convenience
- Suitable for power fridges, coolers, power tools, medical devices, laptops, and more.
- Input Ports: Wall/Solar (400W), USB-C PD (100W).
- Dimensions: 14.4 x 12.2 x 8.2 inches.
- Weight: 28.5 lbs
- Price: nearly $1,699.00
Also Read: How Long Do Solar Generators Last?
5. Geneverse Solar Generator
The Geneverse HomePower series is a good choice if you are looking for dependable solar generators due to its combination of remarkable charging speeds and high power capacities. The following are well-known models from this range:
A. Geneverse 1000-Watt HomePower ONE Solar Generators
- Package Components: HomePower ONE power station (1002Wh capacity) and foldable SolarPower ONE panels.
- Design: Compact, 23lbs weight
- Solar panels are 9 lbs each with built-in handles and kickstands.
- Charging through Solar-powered in 6 hours; retains charge for up to a year.
- Dual functionality panels can charge the power station or devices directly.
- Rechargeable via solar, wall outlet, or car battery.
- Quick and eco-friendly setup in less than 30 seconds.
- Price: $1,597.00 approximately.
B. Geneverse HomePower TWO Pro
- Package Components: HomePower TWO PRO 2419Wh power station (2200W/4400W Surge) and 2 solar panels of 200W
- Design: Sturdy 59 lbs weight; can power various home appliances and devices.
- Charging: Solar charge in 4-8 hours
- Solar Panels: 17.5 lbs each, foldable, IP67 waterproof rating, quick 30-second setup.
- Pure-Sine Wave inverter
- Extras: Built-in LED light, user-friendly display, remote control via mobile app.
- Price: around $3,599.00.
6. Anker Solar Generator
Anker, a prominent name in the backup power and electronic accessories industries, adds its experience to the solar generator market. The Anker series of solar generators has been recognized for its quality and efficiency due to its sleek design, long-lasting LiFePO4 batteries, and reputation for dependability. Here are some of their well-known solar power generators for camping:
A. Anker 535 PowerHouse
- LiFePO4 batteries ensure a 10-year lifespan
- Robust electronic components with advanced temperature monitoring
- Can charge up to 80% in 2.5 hours with an AC Adapter and USB-C PD
- Provides 9 ports, accommodating a range of devices
- Capacity: 512Wh, suitable for powering multiple appliances
- Price Range: $499.99 – $799.99
B. Anker 757 PowerHouse
- LFP Batteries: 3,000 cycles
- Designed to power 95% of home appliances
- Durable features include a drop-proof design and smart temperature control
- Capacity: 1229Wh | 1500W
- AC Recharging, 80% in 1 Hour, 300W max solar recharge
- A total of 13 ports including an uninterruptible power supply
- Price Range: $1,099 – $1,999.99
C. Anker 767 PowerHouse
- Inverter: 2,400W Pure Sine Wave
- Battery Capacity: 2,048Wh LiFePO4 (Expandable to 4,196Wh)
- Charging methods: 1,000W Solar & 1,440W AC input
- Special additions include NEMA TT-30 RV Shore Power and Bluetooth connectivity
- Massive 2048Wh capacity, expandable with an additional battery
- Price Range: $1,999 – $4,047.00
7. Zendure Solar Generator
The Zendure SuperBase V Power Station stands out among solar generators due to its outstanding capacity, fast charging times, and long-lasting battery life. While it offers a comprehensive backup power solution, its size and cost may be an issue for some customers. Here are some of their well-known models:
Zendure SuperBase V Power Station
- Semi-solid state battery with 228Wh
- Dual Voltage: 120V/240V.
- Solar Charging: 3,000W.
- Scalable Capacity: 6.4 to 64kWh.
- Quick Recharge: Max 6.6kWh in 1 hour.
- AC Output: 3,800W to 7,600W.
- Zero-Downtime UPS and Zendure app for energy management.
- Longevity: Over 10 years of internal battery life.
- Price Range: starts at $3,999.00.
Also See: 22 Best Solar Products For Everyday Life
8. Generac Solar Generator
Generac is well-known for its reliable range of gas-powered backup generators, and it is also making advancements in the solar generator market. The sturdy design of the Generac GB2000 Portable Power Station ensures durability in a variety of environments. Let us look at some of its important features:
Generac GB2000 Portable Power Station
- Clean, emission-free portable solar power generator for camping trips, worksites, and power outages.
- Powers phones, refrigerators, laptops, drones, power tools, and more.
- Integrated AC/DC outlets, USB ports, and 15W wireless charge pad.
- Compact design: 43 lbs
- 4.7″ display for insights.
- Recharge: 0-80% in 3.3 hours; multiple charging sources including solar.
- Price: $1,599.00 approximately.
9. UGREEN Solar Generator
The UGREEN PowerRoam 1200 Power Station stands out in the solar generator industry owing to its combination of fast charging capabilities, a wide range of port options, and compact size. Let us look at some of its important features:
UGREEN PowerRoam 1200 Power Station
- 1024Wh Capacity, 1200W AC Output (up to 2500W w/ U-Turbo)
- Power Sources: AC, Solar, Car
- LiFePO4 Batteries,
- Fast 50-min 0-80% Charging
- User-friendly Easy App Control
- Weight- 25.4 pounds
- Dimensions- 13.4 x 8.7 x 10.6 inches
- 13 Diverse Ports
- Price: approximately $999.00
10. JUDY Solar Generator
The JUDY Power 1000W/1280Wh Portable Power Station combines power with appearance and efficiency, featuring a bright safety orange exterior that sets it apart from standard designs. Perfect for campers or those seeking dependable home backup, this unit combines the advanced LiFePO4 battery technology with a large capacity, providing lifespan and safety in a single package.
JUDY Power 1000W/1280Wh Portable Power Station
- 1000W Power (2000W Surge)
- 1280Wh Capacity,
- Weight- 30 pounds
- Dimensions: 11.4 x 10.16 x 8.27 in
- User-friendly with LCD screen and LED light
- Multiple Outputs ports
- Price: around $995
11. EcoFlow Solar Generator
The EcoFlow product series is recognized for its innovative charging capabilities, versatility, and durability. Here are several well-known solar power generators for camping vacation:
A. EcoFlow Delta Mini Portable Power Station
- Lightweight and portable
- 882Wh capacity, 1400W output.
- Powers up to 12 devices
- Fast charging: 1.6hr X-Stream,
- App-controlled for real-time adjustments.
- Weight- 23.6 lb
- Dimensions- 14.9 ×— 7.2 ×— 9.4 in
- Price: nearly $999.00
B. EcoFlow Delta 2
- Capacity: 1024 Wh (LiFePO4 battery) and expandable 1-3kWh capacity with additional batteries.
- Wi-Fi & Bluetooth Connectivity
- Strong AC output, up to 7x faster AC charging.
- Powers multiple household appliances.
- Net weight: 27lbs
- Dimensions: 15.7 x 8.3 x 11 in
- Price Range: $999.00 to $1,798.00.
C. EcoFlow RIVER 2 Pro
- 768Wh capacity and 800W output
- Ultra-fast recharge in 70 minutes.
- LFP battery: 10-year lifespan.
- 4 ways to charge: AC, car, solar, and USB-C.
- Lightweight (7.8kg) and portable.
- App integration via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth.
- Net Weight: Approximately 17.2lbs
- Dimensions: 270 x 260 x 226mm
- Price: around $599
12. OUPES Solar Generator
The OUPES Solar Generator is a great option if you prioritize efficiency and a comprehensive feature set at an affordable price. Here are the details of one of its solar power generators for camping that has a balance of cost and performance:
Oupes 600W Solar Generator Kit
- 595Wh with 600W AC Pure Sine Wave Inverter (1000W Surge)
- LiFePO4 Battery: 3,500+ Life Cycles to 80%
- 8 Outputs For Multiple Devices
- 5 Ways to Recharge
- HD LCD Display & LED with SOS Signal
- 160W Max Input Speed
- Weight: 14 lbs
- Price: $548.00 approximately.
Must Read: 9 Best Portable Solar Panels For Cloudy Days
13. RENOGY Solar Generator
The Renogy Phoenix 200 is a great choice for adventurers, outdoor enthusiasts, and people looking for backup power solutions. Its high-performance design, combined with its cost-effectiveness, places it among the preferred choice for a solar power generator for camping. Here are the key features:
Renogy Phoenix 200
- AC Outlet: 110V/60Hz, 150W Rated, 200W Peak
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion
- Battery Capacity: 10.8V, 17500mAh/189Wh
- LED Flashlight: 2 x 1.6W
- Dimension: 7.1 x 6.1 x 5.6 inch
- Weight: 4.6 lb
- Universal Compatibility
- Multiple output ports for large and small appliances.
- Easy Recharging through a wall outlet, car socket, or solar panel.
- Price: around $199.99
Therefore, we have mentioned some of the best solar generators for camping that are efficient, durable, and user-friendly. They offer reliable power for camping and unexpected outages. Selecting an appropriate solar generator necessitates understanding your energy demands and the devices you plan to use. The models highlighted offer a range of features to suit different budgets and needs.
Note: Prices and specifications are subject to change. Before making a purchase, look for ongoing discounts, special deals, or installment plans. For the most current information and possible discounts, contact company support or a local dealer. While we chose a few companies, there are many others on the market that offer high-quality solar generators.
What are the Factors to Consider While Choosing the Best Solar Power Generator for Camping?
The factors to consider while choosing the best solar power generator for camping are as follows:
1. Battery Capacity and Type
The battery is a vital component of a solar generator, impacting its size, weight, charging speed, longevity, and cost. While there are several battery types, like LiFePO4 and Lithium-ion (Li-ion), the lightweight LiFePO4 battery stands out for its safety and durability. However, it’s crucial to find a balance as a larger capacity might reduce portability.
2. Inverter Efficiency
The inverter transforms direct current (DC) from the battery to alternating current (AC) for devices. For continuous power, especially for sensitive electronics, choose a generator with a pure sine wave inverter. Higher surge watts are required by appliances like refrigerators and power tools, necessitating the use of efficient inverters.
3. Range of Outlets
A versatile solar generator should feature both AC outlets for standard appliances and DC outlets for electronics like phones. Nevertheless, the inclusion of wireless charging pads and RV ports are nice add-on, depending on your requirements.
4. Charging Options and Input
Solar generators offer various charging techniques, including solar panels, wall outlets, and car connectors. It’s crucial to prioritize generators that can charge rapidly, especially for emergencies. If you spend a lot of time outside, consider a high solar input generator for endless sun-powered charging.
5. User-Friendly Design
A user-friendly design enhances the overall experience, emphasizing features such as a clear control panel, an LCD for battery and charging status, and a compact build. Additional features like built-in lighting and foldable handles further improve usability.
6. Charging Capacity
Determine your energy requirements based on the gadgets and appliances you’ll use. For instance, a refrigerator will consume more power than a phone. Assess your expected off-grid duration and compare it with the generator’s storage capacity and recharge time. In general, aim for roughly 40 amp-hours or 500 watt-hours for short off-grid periods.
7. Portability and Weight
The appeal of compact models lies in their space efficiency. Generally, while base units weigh around 10 pounds, the weight tends to rise with increased capacity. It’s essential to consider both storage space and ease of transport before purchasing.
Additionally, check out the 4 Benefits of Using Solar Battery Charger.
8. Storage Capacity
Storage capacity is typically measured in watt-hours (Wh). Some devices allow for adding batteries to expand and increase their storage capacity. When choosing, it’s essential to evaluate your daily power consumption and then compare it to the generator’s capacity.
9. Charging Time
The charging time for solar generators can vary based on the source: solar panels, wall outlets, or cars. Remember, solar charging can be significantly slower on cloudy days or if the panels are not optimally angled.
For daily use and especially during camping trips, a solar generator’s durability and portability become crucial. Carefully assess the unit’s build quality and ease of transportation.
By considering these factors, you’ll make an informed decision when choosing a solar power generator for your camping adventures.
Selecting a solar power generator for camping is a significant step towards environment-friendly outdoor adventures. The models we discussed cater to various needs, from lightweight camping options to robust generators for a comfy outdoor experience. Before making your choice, consider space limitations, and the performance of each model. For more reviews like these, keep exploring our blog posts.
Recommended: Solar Pool Cover Bubbles: Up or Down?